The 10 scariest words in English

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Dave said
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
      What Dave said
      Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

"I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

"I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
          And it's also painfully ignorant to seriously claim that Reagan formulated his thoughts. Terrible twisting there of his character and person.

Comment

You don't know what you're on about, atawa. Learn a little about the man you're criticizing.

Comment

I have, and yes, he was just there for show

Do you also believe in HCA's fairytales?

Comment

They're certainly more truthful than the ones you've apparently made up for yourself on this matter.

Comment

Damn, you realy dont have a clue how politics work dont you?

Comment

Now, where did that come from. I thought we were exchanging mild insults loosely based in the fairytale realm.

Comment

Okay folks. That quote is gospel for conservatives, but NOT for the reasons that the liberal drumbeaters keep saying. Typical liberals...take something out of context...say it over and over..and then the masses start believing it.

Reagan's quote was a statement on the inefficientcy of Government, not the need to have it removed from the equation.

It is a simple fact that the same type liberals who are screaming here have, in fact, been the ones who have created the massive amounts of bureacracy that Government has to work through. Private industry, on the other hand, always tries to streamline processes in order to create efficiencies. Government has no such mission.

So, I will put it to you liberals, why did you create such gross inefficiencies in Government as to keep them from being able to reinforce those leviees?

Oh...that sounds stupid to you? Now you know how conservatives feel everytime the libs post.
                      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO
                        So, I will put it to you liberals, why did you create such gross inefficiencies in Government as to keep them from being able to reinforce those leviees?

Oh...that sounds stupid to you? Now you know how conservatives feel everytime the libs post.
                        Bush and the GOP-controlled congress cut flood control money requests for New Orleans by 44% over the last four years; most of that money was used instead for the war in Iraq.

edit: That includes reducing by 80% a 2004 request by the Army Corps of Engineers for Lake Pontchartrain levee improvement.

Thank you; come again.
                        Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly; August 31, 2005, 21:41.
                        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly

Bush and the GOP-controlled congress cut flood control money requests for New Orleans by 44% over the last four years; most of that money was used instead for the war in Iraq.

edit: That includes reducing by 80% a 2004 request by the Army Corps of Engineers for Lake Pontchartrain levee improvement.

Thank you; come again.
                          So he cut all the money for the paperwork? Yes, of course, I know i am being idiotic on that.

Obviously, more should be done in this area. The existing leviees were only built to withstand a cat3 hurricane anyway. To build to withstand a cat5 would have taken massivly more money than was ever considered. But it is just too easy to blame on Bush, right? haha

Of course, If Private industry was to build them and the residences and businesses inside them paid a usage fee....
                          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Oh..and if you want to help those poor souls down there then here is the American Red Cross donation link:

Please note, that they are preparing to shelter over 350,000 people and are entirely privately funded.

I just sent $50. Show how much you libs care. Match me!

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO

So he cut all the money for the paperwork? Yes, of course, I know i am being idiotic on that.

Obviously, more should be done in this area. The existing leviees were only built to withstand a cat3 hurricane anyway. To build to withstand a cat5 would have taken massivly more money than was ever considered. But it is just too easy to blame on Bush, right? haha

Of course, If Private industry was to build them and the residences and businesses inside them paid a usage fee....
                              It's easy to note this:

- In 2001, under Bush, FEMA pointed out the very things that you've pointed out.

- Between 2001 and 2005, the US Army Corps of Engineers and other government entities repeatedly went to the Bush administration asking for money to bolster New Orleans against a disaster such as this, a disaster that his own head of FEMA said was very likely. They were given a fraction of what they deemed necessary.

- Meanwhile, between 2001 and 2005, Bush and the GOP congress cut taxes and plunged the government into debt financing an ill-thought-out, deceitfully-justified war.

Yes, hurricanes happen. Yes, cities shouldn't be built below sea level. But you gotta wonder what would have happened if the president had listened to the people who knew what they were talking about -- including his own appointees -- and had kept the country solvent enough to act on their advice. This isn't Bush's fault, but it is his failure.

Comment

I'm actually wondering why Bush cancelled his vacation and sent in the the navy to assist 2 days after it became apparent NO was in serious trouble.

Not that he's alone, tho... Congress has pledged to put the relief effort of the Gulf coast on the top of their priority list when they reconvene next week.
                                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
                                X