No announcement yet.

The 10 scariest words in English

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In which way would that be? It's a brilliant quote, with much truth to it.

Comment

Markos made a good post?!

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Because it, taken at face value, is sheer idiocy.
        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Ok. Thanks.

Comment

You'd like to defend the position that it's the scariest someone can tell you in English? Would you prefer if state agents turned up and told you you and your family are going to the Gulags?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I think your approach to this quote is a little bit too literal in its basics. Maybe lacking in familiarity with President Reagan's way of conveying a message too.

Comment

Oh yeah. Not being understandable without extensive knowlege of context is a hallmark of a good quote.

Comment

The point is, conservatives like you have this mindset that the government shouldn't do anything to protect people, whether it be from bad food served to you by an unscroupluous vender or a hurricane. On top of that, you want to limit tort reform, so we can't even sue the people who hurt us that the government no longer protects us from.

You act like this is not part and parcel of the whole idiotic ideolgy that the government should do as little as possible, and that individuals themselves should rely solely on themselves and no one else for their own protection. I don't get it. Why do you want to undo the whole purpose of civilization in the first place.

If it hadn't been for evil, selfish people like you running our government, New Orleans might still be dry.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Yeah pile it on, get all those frustrations out in the open.

The fact remains, government should stay the hell away from undermining people and businesses capable of sustaining themselves on their own.

Comment

Yeah, cuz that's what the government does.

God, people like you make me sick.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                        Yeah pile it on, get all those frustrations out in the open.

The fact remains, government should stay the hell away from undermining people and businesses capable of sustaining themselves on their own.
                        Then don't support Republicans... the party of corporate welfare.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                          Markos made a good post?!

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                            Because it, taken at face value, is sheer idiocy.
                            Fer chrissakes, it was a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
                              Fer chrissakes, it was a joke.
                              It's gospel for many conservatives. Even if it was a joke in Reagan's mind, it's a serious ideological statement now.
                              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

BTW, it's amazing to see how right chegitz is, and how low Winston can swoop to protect his little precious idol.
                                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                                X