• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotlanta Polytubbies - Prepare for the gas lines

Drudge

GAS SCARE HITS ATLANTA
    Tue Aug 2005 30 22:23:23 ET

Metro Atlanta drivers are facing the possibility of paying considerably more than $3 a gallon for gas by Labor Day -- if they can get it at all, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution is reporting Wednesday.

The two pipelines that bring gasoline and jet fuel to the region are down -- powerless to pump as Hurricane Katrina wreaked havoc on electrical infrastructure.

The metro Atlanta region generally has about a 10-day supply of gasoline in inventory, said BP spokesman Michael Kumpf. The pipelines have been down for two days.

Alpharetta, Ga.-based Colonial Pipeline Co., cut off from its suppliers on the Gulf Coast, is now pumping gas from huge storage tanks, many in Powder Springs, Ga. Whether electric power can be restored to the pipeline pumps before supplies run out is "the great uncertainty ... that hangs over all of us," said Daniel Moenter, a spokesman for Marathon Ashland Petroleum, a major supplier of metro Atlanta's fuel.

Developing...
    Damn and bite me.
    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

How awful, you have to pay only half as much as most of Europe.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Payments not the problem.

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Time to start looking around for a nice bike, Ogie.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
          Time to start looking around for a nice bike, Ogie.
          Working from home.

Comment

I was being a bit facetious.

As long as it doesn't last too long, it would be quite a good learning experience though. Can you cope without oil?!? When many realise yes....and some realise no....

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin

Can you cope without oil?!? When many realise yes....and some realise no....
              Sure haven't changed the oil in my car for 7000 miles another 3000 probably isn't gonna hurt.

Comment

Comment

# One of two pipeline companies supplying gasoline to the eastern seaboard of the United States said Wednesday it hopes to be back in partial operation soon. The other pipeline is still waiting for an indication on when electricity to pumps can be restored.
                  bottom of the page for the quote
                  What?

Comment

for once in my life I'm thankful our gas comes from California and not Arizona (AZ gets their gas from the gulf- albeit Texas, not Louisiana).

We shouldn't face any shortages which is good. Because if I can't get gas, I can't work. Simple as that. but the price is still interconnected, so I'm sure i'll be paying $3.00 a gallon.

Thank God for overpriced Californian gas. I'll never bad mouth your state again (at least not for a few days)

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin

As long as it doesn't last too long, it would be quite a good learning experience though. Can you cope without oil?!? When many realise yes....and some realise no....
                      my job depends on oil (petrol/gas)

Comment

Yeah, this is such a pain in the ass. People at work are saying they are getting calls from home telling them that gas stations are shutting down all over the city because of lack of gas.

Better get those pipelines working soon. The price of gas shot up 40 cents today alone. It'll easily be $3/gallon this weekend. I was planning on going to the Outlets this weekend, but that may seriously be in doubt.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

stick to other gas thread
                          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                          X