Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: There is no Paradise

Originally posted by Berzerker
    If we assume life must struggle to survive, then life will be both aggressive and defended. Evolution...survival of the fittest... reigns supreme throughout the universe. Be wary of aliens, they aren't friendly.

I've seen 1 or 2 documentaries speculating about alien life forms and wonder why they'd be substantially different from life here. Given the narrow parameters for life, evolution should produce similar life forms wherever life exists.
    Perhaps they're so similar to us that they live among us and we do not recognise them... Maybe there's only slight difference between us. Perhaps the Japaneese are alliens? the red-heads? the women?
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Comment

Re: Re: There is no Paradise

Originally posted by Heresson

Perhaps they're so similar to us that they live among us and we do not recognise them... Maybe there's only slight difference between us. Perhaps the Japaneese are alliens? the red-heads? the women?
      a crude attempt as misdirection. obviously it is the Poles!

Comment

could be the frogs? - especially the ones heresson likes

I think we need to wait untill we expand into our galaxy some more and do a little more digging. Once we can safely say all forms of life that have existed/do exist in our backyard have a certain characterisitc, then we can maybe better answer the question.

on that point this was posted on the bbc yesterday and seemed interesting:

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

our own backyard in space has many answers to give us - we just need to stop wasting money on wars and get out there and reach our potentials
        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

The only way we'll ever find out is if either we or they develop technology so advanced that "paradise" would be within easy grasp of whichever one is able to make the trip to visit the other.
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Paradise exists only in the minds. It also creates suicide bombers...........

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
              No paradise - just 72 raisins!
              WHITE raisins
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Az

When did you become interested in Social Darwinism?

Dude, that's a silly question. He's a libertarian, you know.
                Sure.

Selling Social Darwinism is a good prelude to selling Libertarianism. The thing is one needs to see that this is about Social Darwinism before one can mount a proper defense.

Since Social Darwinism is a refuted concept, I reckon igoring it counts as a good defense
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                X