Art Garfunkel arrested for pot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by child of Thor
    Still i hope the courts don't take it too lightly as he is a famous person - driving while under any drugs can end in disaster
    What is wrong with reading comprehension at ACS?

He was charged with failing to stop at a stop sign. Yes, let's throw the book at him for some other charge.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Eh, you think he wasn't actually driving stoned?
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil

What is wrong with reading comprehension at ACS?

He was charged with failing to stop at a stop sign. Yes, let's throw the book at him for some other charge.
        quote:

"The trooper's report of the incident said a strong marijuana odor was coming from the car and a marijuana cigarette was found in the ashtray."

it might count against him, what with it being the second time the drug has been involved in a case involving Art Garfunkel. nah they'll probably just forget about the troopers report

your not stoned are you right now?
        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

I used to know a guy who boasted that he could drive drunk, since alcohol didn't affect him at all.

Sava You need to quite smoking pot, dude. Some people can handle it. You, obviously, cannot.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by child of Thor

quote:

"The trooper's report of the incident said a strong marijuana odor was coming from the car and a marijuana cigarette was found in the ashtray."

it might count against him, what with it being the second time the drug has been involved in a case involving Art Garfunkel. nah they'll probably just forget about the troopers report

your not stoned are you right now?
            And where does it say he was charged with driving impaired? Huh? Where?

Two charges: Fail to stop and possession. The latter has no legal bearing on the former but you argue there should be.

Can I lend YOU a joint?
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
              I used to know a guy who boasted that he could drive drunk, since alcohol didn't affect him at all.

Sava You need to quite smoking pot, dude. Some people can handle it. You, obviously, cannot.
              I haven't smoked since the end of June.

And why?

I speak the truth.

Go to NORML's website and edumacate yourself.

And don't even compare alcohol driving to pot driving.

I did not say I can drive perfectly while stoned. I was not boasting at all. I said I had to do it. I was at a party at Northern IL univ and one of my friends (female) was raped... my other two friends were too drunk to drive. I had to drive her home. It was a terrible experience. I had smoked probably 40 minutes before I had to drive.

So don't even pull this bull**** comparing me to some guy boasting he can drive drunk.

THATS NOT WHAT I SAID.

LEARN HOW TO READ.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I just hope the arresting officer wasn't called Dave.

*knock, knock*

- Who is it?

- Open up man, it's Dave.

- Who?

- It's Dave, man. Will you open up the door!

- Dave?

Etc., etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil

And where does it say he was charged with driving impaired? Huh? Where?

Two charges: Fail to stop and possession. The latter has no legal bearing on the former but you argue there should be.

Can I lend YOU a joint?
                  It doesn't. but then i never was claiming it either as fact. And its rude not to accept an offer of a joint so ok thanks although i wont be driving later.

[speculation]"Still i hope the courts don't take it too lightly as he is a famous person - driving while under any drugs can end in disaster"[/speculation] - as in IF it came up in court. ....i'll pass it back in a second so you can chill abit to
                  'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Artie Garfunkel is a self-absorbed jerk, and it does my heart good to see him subjected to the same laws that the rest of us have to deal with.

BTW, he has a teenaged son who looks JUST like him, a regular Mini-Art.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I drove my drunk friends home once, because I had only smoked a bit of pot - we could all tell that I was the most sober of the bunch. It's not something I'm particularly proud of, but I don't regret it either, because it prevented any drunk driving. Plus, it was 2 am and there was literally, -literally- not a single other car on the road.

Little kids usually don't go chasing balls into the street at 2am. And I was going a few miles under the speed limit, and keeping an eye out - all in all, in balance it hardly seems the same thing.

Compare to a kid I knew in high school - got totally smashed, and went out driving, speeding, ran over two other kids that I knew, got pulled over by cops, arrested after chase, etc. and now claims to have no memory...
                      "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                      Drake Tungsten
                      "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                      Albert Speer

Comment

Aye, basically gonna echo sava and monolith94 with my own version of a story.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka

IF you have little bit of amphetamine in you, it might actually HELP you.
                          Are you crazy?

Driving on THC you normaly just take it slow, driving on speed and everyone thinks they're Schumacher.........

Comment

I gather THC is cannabis, but what does the acronym stand for?

Comment

TetraHydroCanabinol, the working substance in the Canabis plant.

Comment

Thanks atawa.

Comment

Working...
                                X