Art Garfunkel arrested for pot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Art Garfunkel arrested for pot

NEW YORK (Reuters) -- Singer Art Garfunkel, who pleaded guilty to marijuana possession last year, has been arrested again on the same charge.

Garfunkel, 63, half of the legendary '60s duo Simon and Garfunkel, was pulled over on Sunday by a New York state trooper near Woodstock after running a stop sign, The Daily Freeman newspaper reported on Tuesday.

The trooper's report of the incident said a strong marijuana odor was coming from the car and a marijuana cigarette was found in the ashtray.

Garfunkel, who lives in New York City, was given a ticket and is due to appear in Woodstock Town Court on September 22.

In January 2004, Garfunkel was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana after state police from the same barracks stopped his car for speeding. He subsequently pleaded guilty and paid a $100 fine and a $100 state surcharge.

Garfunkel's hits with Paul Simon include "Bridge Over Troubled Water," "The Sound of Silence" and "Scarborough Fair."

Just look at him! He's totally toasted all the time!
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Well I'm shocked right to death.
    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Fighting dangerous criminals
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Dude, Garfunkel is totally dangerous.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Don't make teh Garfunkel break out the tambourine and bust a cap on yo azz!!!!!!
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Fighting irresponsible drivers.
            "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
            "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Driving while intoxicated
              ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Driving while intoxicated

Smoking pot
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Being done for pot possession

Being done for D[Stoned]IC

Comment

He got only fine for MJ possesion? how delightfully modern of them
                    Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi
                      Well I'm shocked right to death.

Comment

Busted in Woodstock for pot, oh the irony...

Comment

Let's convert him to our new beer religion
                          Blah

Comment

Poor Art Carbuncle.
                            He's got the Midas touch.
                            But he touched it too much!
                            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Az
                              Fighting dangerous criminals

Yes, indeed. Priorities firmly addressed and in place.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                              X