No announcement yet.

Gas is $2.68 a gallon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not organize it so that "everybody" in the states refuses to buy fuel for a couple of days, that should piss off the profiteers.
    It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

• That, or buy shares in an gas and oil company with the money you would have spent on petrol.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• I just got gas for 3.09 a gallon

Cheapest in the city. There was a 10 minute wait to tank up (due to lineup of cars)

Average price is closer to 3.59

Saw a station at 3.49 which had run out of gas
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• How can you guys have $0.50 gas price variations in a single city

There's gotta be like 15 stations in Camden and all of them are $2.99 w/ one at $2.98
          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

• Worse than that; there was a 40 cent price variation from one block to the next...
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Most expensive I saw today was 3.79
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                Worse than that; there was a 40 cent price variation from one block to the next...
                Was the more expensive station relying on the long lines at the other for business?

Comment

• The one at 40 cents higher had already run out of gas.
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Comment

• Probably, everybody's pricing the gas to the consumer based on the price of their last load from the oil company. When the price of gasoline to the gas station is fluctuating so much from one load to the next, you are going to see price fluctuations to the consumer.
                      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• My petrol has risen by 2p since before the hurricane so far - though I expect more price rises are 'in the pipeline', so to speak...
                        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Originally posted by Footie Mad
                          Why not organize it so that "everybody" in the states refuses to buy fuel for a couple of days, that should piss off the profiteers.
                          I'm on it, I haven't bought fuel in a couple of weeks and can go at least one more before I'll want to, and indefinitely before I "have to".
                          He's got the Midas touch.
                          But he touched it too much!
                          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• Got you own stockpile? Walk/cycle to work?
                            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Oil consumtion has dropped 11% since the beginning of the year here (compared to 2004).

High oil prices is the only thing people understand.
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Gas prices dropped by 20 cents between yesterday and today
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X