Clear All

Anyways, someone beautiful and smart

No ****, huh?!
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Az
      Anyways, someone beautiful and smart

No ****, huh?!

I can't really be bothered to try to think about specific height/weight, body fat ratios, specific IQ, performance parameters and anything of the sort.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

BE BOTHERED.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Az
          BE BOTHERED.
          10 feet tall, 200 lbs, 38-26-38, 1% bodyfat, IQ of 300, capable of running a 3 minute mile. Green.

THERE
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Az
            I think that, character wise, a perfect person is no longer attractive.

How come? I never understood this: a perfect person wouldn't be an ******* about it.
            A perfect person in character does not have any character flaws. This makes the person inhuman, for us humans by definition have character flaws. This is just the way human psyche works.

This reminds me of Jame Bond. He never came across as an endearing fictional person, because he's a non-person.

Besides, because of character conflicts there never can be a perfect person.

Should be communicative.
            What if I couldn't be arsed to talk or listen at the moment, and said person wants to communicate? Should this person still go ahead and talk at me? If she does, she will be seen as annoying or even pushy. OTOH, why should she obey me?

Another example. Honesty is viewed as a positive trait, though if you are honest all the time you will inevitably offend others.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

A perfect person in character does not have any character flaws. This makes the person inhuman, for us humans by definition have character flaws. This is just the way human psyche works.

I disagree. This whole "part of being human is to have flaws" never made sense to me, except in the whole "comparison to non-existant deity" bull****.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

I'd have to say that there isn't a perfect person, especially in the moral sense. There are certain ideal qualities that create the ultimate fantasy, but that is fantasy, not reality. While entertaining, fantasy only serves to be a temporary escape from reality and in the end relaity is where you will always find yourself.

Now that I'm done pretending to be smart...
                I'd a like a wo/man who is intelligent enough, understands my jokes, and I don't feel awkward around.

At least those are the top three qualities. Bonus points if s/he loves Spinal Tap.

But yeah, as far as intelligence goes,- I 'd liek someone who can be stimulating, and isn't afraid of new ideas or concepts.
                Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Originally posted by Az

I disagree. This whole "part of being human is to have flaws" never made sense to me, except in the whole "comparison to non-existant deity" bull****.
                  Quite simple really.

First, humans possess huge number of traits and these traits conflict. As I pointed out, honesty vs tackfulness is one such example. Obedience vs assertiveness is another.

Second, nobody can be the best in everything. So, nobody can be perfect.
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

However if you are asking about an ideal person, then possibly. Mine is a "Renaissance man," somebody who has broad and well-rounded knowledge, not just in science and technology but also in humanities and the arts as well, and be expert in a few areas. Said person needs to be relatively fit physically.

Comment

Superhumans need to have superiority in ANY combat, be it firefight, with fists or just challenge of headbutting.

Superhumans need to have extraordinarily great bodies and personalities.

Superhumans must be better tha 99.9% of population, where ever he/she is!

Superhuman.. you're looking at his post now.
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Quite simple really.

First, humans possess huge number of traits and these traits conflict. As I pointed out, honesty vs tackfulness is one such example. Obedience vs assertiveness is another.

But perfectly obedient, and a fully assertive people aren't perfect. As you've said yourself, it should be a balance. a person who knows when to be obedient, and when to assert itself.

Btw, my perfect must human be perfectly ethical, as well. But he/she should limit their moralizing - to achieve maximum effect in his friends and aquaitances - if one hears to much, it's beginning to nag, and just creates repulsion.

Second, nobody can be the best in everything. So, nobody can be perfect.

One cannot be the best in everything? Individual results and records are almost meaningless, however, everage results can and should be exellent.
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                        X