I have a new brother soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest, even if she is no alcoholic,
    she doesn´t sound to be psychologically fit to raise another kid.

Sounds IMHO like she will sooner or later get too overprotective of her kid and probably also forget to think of the child as an independent person which has to grow up and find his own place in life, but rather like some kind of pet which is there to be a target of all her love (and give her the love she misses).

IMHO she should consult a psychologist first, before she adopts a child. (at least if she´s always so unstable as in the Telephone calls you mention)
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Proteus, right on the button.

I also have to give a statement on her behalf about it before it can happen. I'm not sure what I should be stating.

For now, if she steps up, I'll be positive. If she continues with these stunts, it'll be negative, and if I'm negative on it, there will be no kid. But I don't want to be an obstacle on this thing.. except if in my heart and soul I know she's yet again gone to another echelon of stupidity.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Pekka, you should print out all your posts from Poly and send them to the adoption agency as proof your mom is not fit to parent.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I don't know if she's unfit. I think she's fit. As for now. But if these things continue happening, then I change my opininon on that matter. For what she's done and for the coward acts, and disloyalty she has shown, I won't get back at her and try to ruin her things like she has done to my dad on her own selfish motives. She is, after all, my mother.

BUT.. I won't be taking this crap for much longer either. I've waited for two years for her to come around, but I wait more. If nothing happens.. cest la vie.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

pekka

you sure do whine and complain a LOT for a Supercitizen he-man
            Last edited by Flubber; August 29, 2005, 18:18.
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

hey, you don't need to be like that.
              In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                hey, you don't need to be like that.
                Like what??
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Wow,
                  your mom seems like an exaggerated version of my mom, except that mine drinks more frequently but she has something like an emergency break integrated that prevents her from finally ****ing everything royally up (i.e. in the end she did not sue my dad and does certainly not think of adopting a baby!).

I understand how hard it is to respect your mom when she's acting rather like a child than like an adult person.
                  "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                  "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

yeah it pisses me off she screws everything up. And then plays the victim. IT's so frustrating.

I don't think she's truly insane, you know she's really not, but she does have some issues though. She always used that 'i am your mother and I love you' as an excuse to ANYTHING she did to me. Yet, she was pretty liberal about stuff, but everytime we clashed, that was the reason, and then second later she played the victim. So you can't really even argue with her at all.

I know why she's getting the kid and it's EXACTLY what Proteus said. That is the truth, in front of God I believe that to be 100% case in here. However at the same time, I do think the kid will be better off, if it's some troubled kid. For sure, better conditions. Kind of difficult to know what I should be thinking. She always leaves me in wtf-mode these days with a mental punch in the stomach.
                    In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                    X