My Hurricane Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
    Well, Ft. Lauderdale is the 3rd gayest part of the U.S.
    If you want to be no. 1, we send SF to you guys.

Comment

Baby squirrel
      Your toes!
      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
      Middle East!

Comment

What's that on your right big toe? Storm damage?
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph
          If you want to be no. 1, we send SF to you guys.
          who's #2?
          Visit First Cultural Industries
          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
            who's #2?
            San Francisco.

The stuff on my toes is leaves.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
              Che, when was the last time a blizzard caused $25 billion in damage?

Midwest
              Which gets how many tornadoes each year?
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Pish posh.

Take all the tornadoes together and it's still less intense damage in a miniscule area as compared to even one hurricane. (Or earthquake, or wildfire.)

Midwest is the shiznit.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Says the man from Israel!
                  You know, the wise man would notice the "AH sunglasses troll" smiley in that post.

Btw, desert rules, suckers.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

I get fired up whenever there is a disaster!

I love 'em!

Bring more disasters on!
                    be free

Comment

What are the pictures from? I thought that Katrina was a mere storm in Florida?
                      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Its about over here. Not too much rain here, but even this far from the center the winds were impressive. I cant imagine what it was like trying to ride it out on the coast. We lost some shingles which will cost a few hundred dollars to replace but it looks like that was all. Strangely, the power stayed on except for a couple of bumps.
                        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by Az
                          Why don't you people just move out of florida? it's dangerous there?

Life is inherently dangerous. There is no place on the Eastern seaboard that is safe from hurricanes. Even the Maritime provinces in Canada have been struck from time to time. Elsewhere in the U.S. has monster tornados, earthquakes, brush fires, blizzards, etc.

It's a statistical anomally that Florida has been struck by six hurricanes in the past 13 months (and several tropical storms). This is not normal weather, even during periods of peak hurricane activity.

Anyway, I don't see anyone telling dinodoc to leave Mississippi, even though his state has been struck by two of the most powerful hurricanes in the last 100 years: Camile and Katrina. No one tells SpencerL to leave Alabama, even though they had Ivan and Katrina.
                          Obviously, all of America has a dangerous climate. Move to France.
                          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

San Francisco.

The stuff on my toes is leaves.
                            I thought they'd be number one. Then who is? Miami?
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Its more than a few shingles so I may need a new roof. On the plus side, if thats true it's not so bad since it'll cost me as much for a new roof as to have it patched, the insurance deductible ($500).
                              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                                I thought they'd be number one. Then who is? Miami?
                                NYC.
                                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                                X