Why can't I upload anything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't I upload anything?

I want to upload several files to my personal webspace, using ws_ftp and previously cute ftp, but neither of them are working. I've shut off the windows firewall as well as that of my Norton Internet Security, but to no avail.
    It also seems that for some obscure reason I just can't upload anything on this computer using ftp proggies, since I've also unsuccesfully tried to upload files to other webspaces in the past.

I REALLY need to put a couple of files online ASAP. Help me.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

make sure your network cord is plugged in
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Weren't you already told to STFU tonight?
      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Unsuccessful in what way? Specifically, at which step does the transfer fail? Could you login at all?
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Yes, I can login and I also managed to remove files. When I want to upload something, it initially works but then the transfer rate quickly drops and then it stops. All in all, I can only put several ten-thousands of bytes online. (the files are 27 megs each)

Comment

Does your ISP/Web hosting provider have a cap on file size?
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Couldn't find anything about that on the ISP's site...

Comment

Try doing FTP upload on another computer. If the same thing happens, it is more likely to be a cap on file size, if not, it's your computer.

Comment

Working...
                X