Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How I got screwed. Without even taking my pants off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shawnmmcc
    "Building Society?" - not a term I am familiar with in the USA.
    You would call them savings and loan institutions or something similar - usually (although increasingly fewer these days) mutally owned organizations who's main lending is for home purchase.
    19th Century Liberal, 21st Century European

Comment

Re: How I got screwed. Without even taking my pants off!

Originally posted by faded glory How I got screwed. Without even taking my pants off!
      At least you did not die horribly mangled in an accident.
      Bank of America is crap for small customers. The only thing they are good at is generating fees (they even charge student acouts fees for making deposit with a live teller, instead of at the automated one). They are notorious for stupid holds on deposits: they even put a hold a small (a few thousands) US Goverment refund check for my dad (with a credit rating near the top), whereas my local bank did not put a hold on on a $465,688.oo check deposit.
      Try Compass bank for small personal accounts, or maybe Wells Fargo.
      Last edited by Lefty Scaevola; August 30, 2005, 10:29.
      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

From what I hear, if any of the banks working here wanted to take the US market with quality of service, it would take them 6 months.
        Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
        Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
        Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Originally posted by el freako

"Building Society?" - not a term I am familiar with in the USA.

You would call them savings and loan institutions or something similar - usually (although increasingly fewer these days) mutally owned organizations who's main lending is for home purchase.
          In fact, we used to call them something similar; in It's a Wonderful Life (1946), the family business George takes over from his father is called the Bailey Building and Loan (and in the run-on-the-bank scene, George explains that he can't give everyone their money back all at once because it's all tied up in each others' houses).

[/film geek]
          "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan

I moved to a credit union.
            That is excellent advice.
            He's got the Midas touch.
            But he touched it too much!
            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Whaleboy

Like a bank but no shareholders...evolved from cooperative savings groups and can perform most of the functions of a bank, with the exception of large corporate accounts.
              We call them Credit Unions here.
              He's got the Midas touch.
              But he touched it too much!
              Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Fixed. I went to the bank and talked to a manager. I told him the situation. He understood. He said he would take care of it. This morning my balance was normal minus only 50 dollars in overdraft fee's.

Im glad the situation is cleared up. It reminded me once of a worse situation i was in 1998

I had to use my paychecks to pay bills and use my credit card to eat, then the next month i shuffled the two. This lasted 7 months and eventually interest crushed me till I had to get a second job. I will never be that in debt again. I made only 25,000$ a year and acquired like 60,000 in debt. All this was a 21,000$ car loan, 2 personal loans worth about 13 grand total, 2 credit cards and a line of credit with Kays. Thats not even counting Rent, Insurance, and other misc bills. **** that sucked. I had to eat at my friends house and stuff cause I was so poor. I stole gas too.

Now I have one Capital One card with 175$ limit and auto warranty emergencies. I just got it. Thats the only credit besides my auto loan I want.
                Last edited by faded glory; August 31, 2005, 17:23.

Comment

Working...
                X