Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How I got screwed. Without even taking my pants off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps they put a hold on it because they thought you were dead.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Don't call, go to the branch in-person and talk to someone. My roommate was at BoA for a year, and they were screwing up all the time, but every time he went in and talked in person to someone, and they fixed it. They also eliminated any overdraft fees they had given him.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Thank you. I am now armed with some information. I appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
          Perhaps they put a hold on it because they thought you were dead.
          Can you blame them...?
          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Re: How I got screwed. Without even taking my pants off!

Originally posted by faded glory
            Im told its my problem. Not theres and am told to shut up and bite the bullet cause i cant be trusted with money....thats why the hold was in place
            I don't think anyone's commented on this tidbit yet. During your alleged 2-year addiction, did you ever f*ck up your finances? (I've never known a true addict who didn't.) Bounce some checks, maybe, or screw around with your credit cards? Could be you've earned this.
            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Wow, competition bringing servives to the customer
              In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by faded glory
                Thank you. I am now armed with some information. I appreciate it.
                For your own sake, control your temper. They'd sooner call security than give in to a beligerent customer.
                The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
                  Wow, competition bringing servives to the customer
                  Indeed... 10 years ago, how many banks offered no minimum balance for a checking account? I have thought about what Rufus said, and I think that may be a reason for things, but it could also be they screwed up.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Well I used to work in a building society and I can tell you that if the system in the US is similar to here, your credit rating will be buggered. You're better off sticking with your current bank and paying off your debts, and then switching your account if possible, requesting a small overdraft. If you pay back that overdraft quickly, you'll recover your credit record.

This assumes the system is similar in the US to the UK
                    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

"Building Society?" - not a term I am familiar with in the USA.

However, in the US the law REQUIRES that they clear checks, period, in a certain number of days. Period. Nothing about credit, or any other such crap. If there is some other kind of problem, they can garnishee your wage - after a proper legal judgement has been made and entered. They cannot slow down how fast they clear your cheques due to your credit rating, or not that I have ever heard, seen, or read. With the electronic clearing of cheques, they have the money, and the only reason for holding a cheque is suspected fraud or criminal activity, or giving it time to clear which these days is very fast in the USA.
                      The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                      And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                      Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                      Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

I thought you were dead

Meh.
                        "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                        You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Just wait until they want a repayment of your life insurance
                          So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                          Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

FG, here's what you do. Go in to the bank and speak with a representitive personally (the people with desks, not the people behind the counter). They have been pretty good with my in the past when reversing NSFs that were caused by weird circumstances. In fact, I have to go do this beause a check to me NSF'd on the same day two items to my account came in, costing me $68.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

"Building Society?" - not a term I am familiar with in the USA.
                              Like a bank but no shareholders...evolved from cooperative savings groups and can perform most of the functions of a bank, with the exception of large corporate accounts.
                              "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                              "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

I used to have an issue with my travel expenses. By the time I submitted them and got a cheque back from my employer enough days had passed that a lengthy hold(from my POV ) might mean that I couldn't use the funds within the interest-free grace period on my credit card. Once I even went into my overdraft (no added charges but they did chage me a few cents interest)

I called and was given the standard view about policy so I went to see a personal services rep. I brought my statement of investments and I simply told them "fix this ".

I believe they realized it was idiotic to have a hold on a 2 K cheque when my home equity and investments are way way way more than that ( perhaps because those were my words to them) .
                                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
                                X