Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How I got screwed. Without even taking my pants off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I got screwed. Without even taking my pants off!

Bank of America. The worlds 3rd largest bank. I had been a loyal customer for many years. When I came out from under my rock and back into civilization I realized a bank account was on the to-do list.

So I have had my account since may. I get paid at work and make a deposit. Fine, Im thinking. I go to pay my bills normally and go out have some fun. Big mistake. I went to check my online balance...

WHAT THE ****.

It appears they put a hold on my massive 750$ check

Now I have managed to rack up 198$ in Overdraft fees

WHAT THE ****.

I call there ****in home base in Bum ****in BANGLEDESH. And calmy explain I was never ****in told they put a 7 day hold on my check. Im told its my problem. Not theres and am told to shut up and bite the bullet cause i cant be trusted with money....thats why the hold was in place

WELL SCREW THEM

Im contemplating ****ing them and just going to a different bank. This is ridiculous. They put a hold on MY check and not tell me. Then they ****in have every little god dam transaction I made in the last 6 ****in weeks clear my account when I have no money.

FG

I don't know about you, but I always check my bank account to see if a cheque is cleared before I do anything with that money.

It may not be a good idea for you to get an account with overdrawing capability. If you didn't you would have found out you didn't have any money in it much earlier.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I have NEVER had my checks. I would think they would of told me if they did.

Comment

Your check as in a deposit?

My old bank, Bank of Hawaii, would do something similar to me. I'd deposit a check, credit me 200 bucks, then they'd withdraw the 200 credit, take out 20 bucks for the credit as well....and my check wouldn't even be cashed in...hence, an overdraft fee.

I moved to a credit union.
        Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
        Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
        *****Citizen of the Hive****
        "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Faded Glory - was it an automatic deposit? There are regulations concerning that, and also the clearing of paper checks. I cannot remember specifics, but Google them. I do not believe that a seven day hold is legit for those specific funds. Find the regs, ask to speak to a supervisor, and if they will not deal with, sweetly inform them that you will discuss it with your state or federal bank regulators - states typically do a better job of protecting your rights, but the banks are trying to get all jurisdicition switched to the feds. Maybe some other posters will have the info on that.
          The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
          And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
          Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
          Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Listen to shawn . Speak to a supervisor and threaten to go to the regulators. Something REALLY sounds fishy with that hold. It takes less than 7 days for a check to clear.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Cheques? You neolithics ...
              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

What's wrong with cheques? It's just another way to transfer money.
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

It's antiquated and cumbersome.
                  Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                  The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

It leaves a paper tail.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Banks are stupid, throw nickles at them!

Comment

I left BofA 20+ years ago

All I hear from co workers are horror stories

Wells Fargo is the place to go
                        anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

What are these checks?
                          Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                          Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                          Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Why don't you have direct deposit... The majority of banks give you instant access to money from direct deposits
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

banks are evil

they **** you

my bank did **** like this to me

they owe me over $140

I've been trying to get it back for 9 months

I go in every two weeks and they say some bull**** about the corporate office having to approve the reversal of charges.

I'm going to throw a brick through their window soon I think.

**** banks

they're evil

they steal your money
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X