Cindy Sheehan Has No Moral Authority

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cindy Sheehan Has No Moral Authority

That according to Fred Barnes, a GOP sychophant disguised as a reporter and regular "contributor" to Brit Hume's show on Fox.

1) Her son died in Iraq

2) Her son died in Iraq because our leader took us to war based on falsehoods

3) Her son died in Iraq because our leader lied to us

4) Fred Barnes promoted that war

5) And she has no moral authority to demand answers?

Disgusting

In every fruitless war someone must stand up and question those in power, that person is a hero in my book. Why am I not surprised by the fact many of the same people who pushed for this war are accusing her of deceit and mental incompetence (to put it nicely)?

In war, there are casualties, and Cindy is unlucky enough to be one of them.
    "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

Berzerker,

They are basically trying to Swiftboat her. Unforuntatley for them, it's not working to their advantage. The usual party faithul will believe it, but most of the rest of us see through the BS.

The latest Swiftboating is going to backfire.

I thought it was disgustin when O'Reilly called her treasonous.
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

By the way, the Sheehan camp sent a letter to the President. When they went to deliver it, the Secret Service refused to accept it. So they left the letter on the ground.

But, there was another pro-Bush group called, "I don't give a SHEET," that delivered about 20 signed sheets in support of the President.

Those were accepted by the same Secret Service in the same location.

The letter is still laying on the ground.
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Yeah, of course she has moral authority, but this could be played well. Sometimes, or most of the times, the best thing to do would be just keep quiet and let the thing die away.

But now, I don't think it's going away so this could be just played well and use it. If I was Bush, I'd wait for few weeks more, and then if she's still there, I'd invite her to one-on-one. Some coffee, and a real 1-on-1. No press, no nothing. And then, basically grant her wish. Make those questions. Answer to your best ability, and be respectful and kind. That's it.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I wonder why her particular story has garnered so much press. And who has moral authority to speak about this war? What does "moral authority" even mean, and is it worth a damn?
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

They are leaving the ranch I think in late September to have a march on Washington.

I don't know if they are coming back after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                  They are leaving the ranch I think in late September to have a march on Washington.

I don't know if they are coming back after that.
                  I think that's when Bush goes back to the WH.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I'm not quite sure what to think about Cindy Sheehan — I've read that she's already had a meeting with the president (whether individually or as part of a group I don't know), and that she's called him some pretty nasty things that can't be printed in a newspaper.

I certainly sympathize with her, but if she's already met Bush once and has called him nasty things despite that ... well, I can sort of see why he might not want to meet twice with her.

Gatekeeper
                    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

And who has moral authority to speak about this war? What does "moral authority" even mean, and is it worth a damn?
                      Its obvious what it is and who has it, and it sure is worth a damn. Wars started by democracies for dubious reasons can be stopped pdq by public opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatekeeper
                        I'm not quite sure what to think about Cindy Sheehan — I've read that she's already had a meeting with the president (whether individually or as part of a group I don't know), and that she's called him some pretty nasty things that can't be printed in a newspaper.

I certainly sympathize with her, but if she's already met Bush once and has called him nasty things despite that ... well, I can sort of see why he might not want to meet twice with her.

Gatekeeper
                        I think what happened is that she initially was okay with the first meeting. But then later she learned that the whole Weapons of Mass Destruction thing was a lie so that set her off.

Comment

A more appropriate comment would be that Cindy Sheehan has no dignity and no fundamental understanding of United States foreign and military policy.
                          -rmsharpe

Comment

Originally posted by rmsharpe
                            A more appropriate comment would be that Cindy Sheehan has no dignity and no fundamental understanding of United States foreign and military policy.
                            And you do?

Well tell us champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatekeeper
                              I'm not quite sure what to think about Cindy Sheehan � I've read that she's already had a meeting with the president (whether individually or as part of a group I don't know), and that she's called him some pretty nasty things that can't be printed in a newspaper.

Gatekeeper
                              Apparently it was in a group and she did not feel like being antagonistic at that time in front of those parents of dead soldiers. She didn't really say anything at that meeting, just listened to Bush.

But Ted may also be right that she realized it was a bunch of BS and got very distraught that her son died for that.

Comment

Working...
                              X