Eric Clapton - Back Home; His Last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Clapton - Back Home; His Last?

I'm sitting here listening to the cd, looking at titles, and I'm thinking, this is it. This is the end.

He's recently turned 60. Been performing for decades.
    Recent bride. New father.
    The music is good, to a Clapton fan. The title track, comes last.
    I think he's finally found his way back home.

Do you think this is his last?

Obviously, there will be ill-mannered individuals, who are grasping for attention, posting trash here.
    Ignore that.
    Yes. I think this may be it.
    33.33%
    Noooo. He'll go on.
    66.67%
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

no.. once a preformer i don't think you ever get rid of the need for attention and the crowd ..
    maybe he will take a long vacation.. but i bet he still makes more music.
    "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Comment

Clapton is too good to stop.. yes.. he'll take a vacation to enjoy homelife and love as his titles suggest but the music is in him.. he will have to perform

EDIT: He'll likely take a vacation.. nothing says he will.
      One thing you gotta ask yourself... where are you now? -- James Blunt lyrics

Comment

who cares?
        he sucks

plus, no banana option in the poll
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I see your point, Sava.
          He's only been voted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame three times.

Thanks for your, as always, informed response.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

isn't michael jackson in there too?

'nuff said

btw, how does he get voted in three times?

what? does he get voted out or something and need to get voted back in?
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I get so tired of doing your research for you.
              If you would just attempt to learn on your own initiative, I believe you'd absorb more.

With Eric Clapton's induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a solo artist on March 6, 2000, he became the first musician to have been inducted three times. He was first honored as a member of the Yardbirds in 1992, then with Cream in 1993, and finally as a solo artist in 2000.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                He was first honored as a member of the Yardbirds in 1992, then with Cream in 1993, and finally as a solo artist in 2000.
                He may still get another for Derek and the Dominoes and/or Blind Faith.

He'll play on. Its in his soul.
                "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                2004 Presidential Candidate
                2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

I hope he keeps it up. I like his stuff. I really liked the Sessions for Robert J CD/DVD. His backing band for that was just awesome.

Hey Slowhand are you the same Slowhand that has made all those powertabs for the powertabs community.

If you are I tip my hat to you. You made alot of great powertabs.

Comment

Working...
                  X