X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[You're such a nerd, Kuci]
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

The republicans need to be nervous, certianly, about 2006. I doubt they lose the House, but the dems might always have a chnace to make the senate awfully close.

The more important thing would be morale wise. I mean, you hear democrats talking about how they can't win, even thought as a party the dems today are far better off than say the republicans between 1960 and 1980 in the congress. If the democrats were to gain seats, the current story of coming republican dominance would hit a huge snag.

As for the democrats not standing for anything-standing for the Clinhto status quo of 2000 is standing form something. It might not be progressive or new, but at least is not regressive and reactionary.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I'm tired of settling for the POTUS candidate that "sucks the least"

just to piss people off, I'm going to vote for the worst one I think...

David Duke 2008

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

So is there a rule if the support for president drops below X percentage, that president gets fired?

If not, why not?
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
            So is there a rule if the support for president drops below X percentage, that president gets fired?

If not, why not?
            I would disagree with such a rule...

if only to punish the morons that voted for the guy
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka

If not, why not?
              In a parlimentary system, the party can hold a vote of no confidence.

In the American republican system the president gets 4 years, unless he is impeached, and you can;t impeach for sheer unpopularity.

NO, I would not support such a rule because the public can be fickle, and dislike a leader for both good and bad reasons. If such a rule were implemented, it would be to the benefit of the opponents of any leader to saturate the media with anything and everything in order to drive poll numbers down and get rid of the opposition that way.
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Oh yes, I forgot this would work in the US. You are such flipfloppers.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                  She opposes video games.
                  false.

1. GTA != video games in general
                  2. Support for ratings of games != opposition to games
                  "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                    Why not? If more of you had voted Kerry we wouldn't have Bush
                    but, then the argument goes, we'd have Kerry.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

In a parlimentary system, the party can hold a vote of no confidence.

In the American republican system the president gets 4 years, unless he is impeached, and you can;t impeach for sheer unpopularity.

NO, I would not support such a rule because the public can be fickle, and dislike a leader for both good and bad reasons. If such a rule were implemented, it would be to the benefit of the opponents of any leader to saturate the media with anything and everything in order to drive poll numbers down and get rid of the opposition that way.
                      Or by manipulating poll numbers, which is definitely much easier than manipulating the actual vote. And manipulated poll numbers are used frequently in the media battle before elections.
                      "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                      "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Last edited by Ted Striker; August 3, 2020, 23:00.
                        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
                          The GOP, however, was brilliant (as usual) at putting words in the Dems' mouths -- and, apparently, yours.
                          My point exactly - the GOP is good at spin, Dems aren't.

Originally posted by Sava
                          David Duke
                          Duke can't run for office anymore because of tax evasion charges. But he has his own fanpage, if you're interested.

Comment

Working...
                          X