No announcement yet.

Use Steroids? Kick 'Em Out of the Hall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope to think the point here aint just about steriods and the use of them, But about the standards that folks are using when deciding which guys can be considered to be a great sportsman or a dick. There are many things to decide the getting into hall of fame. some deserve it some dont. I bet i can ask alot of baseball fans and most would say sammy sosa might deserve to get in.. I am sorry you compare steriods to corked bat it all equals the same cheating is cheating. Steriods is a way of cheating. I will not go so far as to say they dont deserve the fame, cause most of them are probably good with out the help.
    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

But about the standards that folks are using when deciding which guys can be considered to be a great sportsman or a dick

Well I think it's a little of both, but mostly about the standards used when observing two people that do the same things.

I bet i can ask alot of baseball fans and most would say sammy sosa might deserve to get in.. I am sorry you compare steriods to corked bat it all equals the same cheating is cheating.

One small caveat, during the 90s, steroids weren't banned by baseball. But I agree with the overall point. We just put in the biggest spitballer in history (after it was banned from the game) into the HoF. And we laughed about finding vaseline or sandpaper on pitchers!
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Who cares about the football HOF? Or football stats, for that matter?

Imran is missing the differences between the sports. Baseball is a game of shrines, of traditions, of historical stats lovingly studied. Football is what you watch on the television when you want to see guys lining up and hitting each other. Baseball is a quasireligion, Football is a mere entertainment.
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

and another thing...

we can't travel back in time and test individual players. Sure, we might know that 50% of football players used steroids... but who specifically?

With baseball, there are positive tests proving guys are guilty. And it's even worse for baseball because the testing standards are so low... only the DUMBEST ****ING PLAYERS are getting caught. There's no blood tests... there's no test for human growth hormone. And the penalties are a joke.

There's no double standard. If there were positive tests proving guys guilty in other sports then I would treat them the same as I do as the baseball cheaters.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
          X