A neo-feminist's view of abstinence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski

were in the hell did this come from. Please dude give me a break. The girls that have sex before marriage are paris hilton followers but the guys that do it are what? are they brad pit queens? welcome to the real freaking world
    AFAIK the writer of the article is a woman

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

The sanctimony dripping from her was disgusting.

Now there's an unpleasant image, Boris.

sex is overrated.
      Dis

Only if you're not doing it right....

Afghani hard core, Taleban style, flap shot :
      Attached Files
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

I agree with Boris - sanctimonious cow.
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

I agree with Boris and AH, and many many others.

IMO, People should do whatever the **** they like. As long as they're safe, of course.
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

I wouldn't mind if she doesn't want to have sex. That's her business. Its her judgemental attitude of others, including men who might take an interest in her, even quite innocently, which is quite unattractive.
            Last edited by Alexander's Horse; August 20, 2005, 07:09.
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

urgh.NSFW

Comment

i bet she sucks a lot of dick
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Shows what you know.

Just because I believe people should have the right to do something it doesn't mean I excerise that right. I believe people should have the right to believe in invisibile friends who control everything. That doesn't mean I actually belive in invisible friends.
                  Having the right to do soemthing is different than us saying individuals should choose to exercise that right. No one is saying we enforce a law banning sex before marriage or something. There is nothing oppressive about having morals in an enviroment of free choice. Indeed there is nothing oppressive about sharing your morals with others in an environment of free choice.

To say otherwise is to condemn everyone who encourages others to recycle, wear condoms, treat people better, etc. There is nothing wrong with morality, and nothing wrong with encouraging others to follow your morality. As long as you aren't forcing it on them.
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

goddamn libbies.
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                      I don't see how only having sex with someone you are in love with == celibate

JM
                      That's not what she says, she says she only wants to have sex with her husband. Until then, she's celebate.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

like imran says.. its about respect for yourself and your choice... not to align with some moral code really but about respect for your own choices.. you should do what makes you feel good about who you are.
                        many do make fine relationships after having sex first..

Indeed. That's my point. Saying that those people who have sex before marriage are weak-willed and have no respect for themselves is HIGHLY insulting. Most of them have made their own choices, not beholden to the pressures of society or religion.

If a woman makes her own choice to have sex with someone she's head over heels in love with before they are married, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that and that doesn't mean that she is weak willed or has little respect for herself.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
                          were in the hell did this come from. Please dude give me a break. The girls that have sex before marriage are paris hilton followers but the guys that do it are what? are they brad pit queens? welcome to the real freaking world
                          Mrs. Tubs, he was mocking the original author.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                            So any woman who says no to you, is risking a breakup? Harsh.
                            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Mrs. Tubs, he was mocking the original author.
                              I dont know how i missed that My bad dude. I have to agree that most folks of age know what they want and if its sex with pleniful partners then thats the choice they make, if they want to wait thats is also a choice. The speaker has a choice and sure if folks want to listen to her then thats fine but she should expect to be ridiculed and poked at, if for the only reason is that she went public about here old age feelings
                              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                              "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                              Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

similarly couldn't she poke and redicule others?

it should go both ways.. or neither way

JM
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN
                                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                                X