A neo-feminist's view of abstinence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pekka
    So, when it happened in HS, did you think about getting the genitals rubbed or not?

Tuberski, triangle choke is very heterosexual.

no wrestling involved. just a few punches thrown. but no, I didn't think about it. My mind was clouded with a blinding rage.

Comment

• So what you say is you only think about the possibility of touching of the genitals in your free time?
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• yes

Comment

• i hope to think that you mean that if the wrestling match is controled is when ud even bother to worry if the contact came about. In a regular fight you have much on ur mind like not getting ur ass kicked to worry bout if the nads slap each other
          When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
          "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
          Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• I hope you all don't think I'm homophobic after this. After all, I openly like the song YMCA.

Comment

• i dont think ur homophobic at all, bit off the wall but that is bout it
              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
              "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
              Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• Yes but you constantly worry about things being gay.

If you are heterosexual and you know it, what's the problem? YOu know you are not going gay with anyone. So.. everything you do is not gay, even if someone says it is. So what's the problem?

Then again, you were in the navy in live in vegas.. facts are against your heterosexuality.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

• WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!

How did a thread that started as it did, get to this?

I fear for your mortal souls... each and every one of you .
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• we'd rather talk about naked men wrestling than feminists.

Comment

• Originally posted by boann
                      no one said anything about not enjoying it.

just saying not giving it up to every tom, dick and harry that asks for it ... thats all.
                      "Curses, foiled again!"

Dick
                      He's got the Midas touch.
                      But he touched it too much!
                      Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pekka
                        Done some bjj stuff, and that's 'sex positions' for homophobes, but when you do it, it's not on anyone's mind. There's very little gay with it.
                        But it's that little bit of gay that makes it extra fun, right Pekka?
                        "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                        "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                        "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                          WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!

How did a thread that started as it did, get to this?

I fear for your mortal souls... each and every one of you .
                          all of a sudden, I don't look so weird/crazy
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Kontiki, of course.
                            In da butt.

Comment

• Re: A neo-feminist's view of abstinence

Originally posted by boann
                              A neo-feminist's view of abstinence
                              By Elizabeth Sandoval
                              Fri Aug 19, 7:24 AM ET

I don't want to have sex. Clarification: I do want to have sex, but only with my husband. And I don't have one of those yet.

That's nice, oh qualified-person-with-life-experience.

I am not an ultraconservative... I am cute... [not] bitter

Howsaboot "crackpot"? May I call you a "crackpot"?

What I am is a neo-feminist.

Great. Well, at least you have the good grace to add a prefix. *******s tend to just ascribe their meaning to the original term

Still, I now have to call myself a paleo-feminist. And I am not actually that paleo-. 1890s feminists were rather sexist and reactionary.

Definition: "One who respects her body so much that she won't allow it to be used as someone's playground."

Uh, my-body-is-a-temple person... You do realize you can't take it with you when you go, right?

Handsome Man at a Bar, you think I'm cute? Thanks. Do you appreciate me or the idea of having sex with me? Because your thinking has likely been influenced by the cavortings of Samantha and Co. in the "city" or the women in most rap videos. I am not those women.

So, what are you doing in a bar again? Getting smashed for the sheer alcoholism of it all?

Members of the "Sex is Natural and Fun and If It Makes You Happy, It Can't Be That Bad" club want sex so badly that they willingly and repeatedly live out the following scenario: Things go "great" for a month or two. Sex quickly becomes a part of your interactions. Maybe he even meets your parents. And then, well, things just change. He dumps you or you dump him.

Problem: Relationships aren't permanent.

Solution: Stay out of relationships. Wait for a permanent relationship to appear. You've never been in such a thing, and you haven't even had the decency of spending at least thirty years in one before harping on about them, but you assure us that they do exist, and you demand that we drop everything and wait for one of 'em along with you.

Regardless of why the relationship died, you are now one of many women whom he could point out on the street. "See her?" he can tell his buddies. "She's cute, huh? Yeah, I had her." I never want to be "her."

Why do you give a **** about what people you'll never give the time of day to again think? Any why do you have sex with people who think of sex in terms of possession? Eeew.

... Well, maybe one out of two marriages end in divorce precisely because people are too free with sex.

I am not sure if I could call this reductionism, or if calling this reductionism would be an insult to reductionism.

Many women today are weak-minded in that they readily accept society's portrayal of sexual norms.

Yes, they should be weak-minded and accept your sexual norms instead.

The people on The O.C. are doing it. Paris Hilton, as she's hosing down that Bentley, appears ready to do it.

I have a better idea. How about instead of sticking burqas and chastity belts on CRAP, we get rid of CRAP and start creating and admiring works of quality instead?

And more important, many people they actually know are doing it.

OMFG. Kill them. Kill them all. Stone those who do not behave like you.

Women are non-self-respecting because they willingly sacrifice such an important part of their being for just a few moments of pleasure.

Self-respect has nothing to do with how much sex you are having. I repeat. Self-respect has nothing to do with how much sex you are having.

Self-respect is defined by -- get this -- how proud you are of your life. Duuuuuh.

Of course, you wouldn't know, because you don't actually have any self-respect of your own. Instead, you cover it up by writing sanctimonious little treatises

And they're oblivious because they don't contemplate the profoundness of sex.

Sex is a biological function. It's fun to do. It's even more fun if you can make jokes about Nietzsche and hexadecimal at your partner and make them snicker.

What's the profound bit? Do I need to go to your bar and get smashed with you before your philosophy starts making sense?

Women give it up as if it's nothing. When in fact, it is everything.

No, it's not, you crackpot.
                              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                                I agree with Boris - sanctimonious ***.

I find your language offensive, AH. Don't use pejoratives that wouldn't mean the same thing when used against youself, cow.
                                Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X