No announcement yet.

"Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harry Potter Question: The Half-Blood Prince, or even the potions book, were the title of the book or an elusion to the title... why? Yaay! Snape killed DD, but why title the book that? What is the signifigance of us knowing Snape is a half-blood, or that he was good at potions, etc... All her other books were titled something that had a lot of signifigance to the story. I think this one wasn't so much...
    Monkey!!!

Comment

There wasn't really anything of more siginificance. Harry Potter and the lol Hormones? Harry Potter and Dumbledore's Murder?
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

true...
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
          Harry Potter Question: The Half-Blood Prince, or even the potions book, were the title of the book or an elusion to the title... why? Yaay! Snape killed DD, but why title the book that? What is the signifigance of us knowing Snape is a half-blood, or that he was good at potions, etc... All her other books were titled something that had a lot of signifigance to the story. I think this one wasn't so much...
          I think Snape, in general, was significant to the story. The Half Blood Prince was just a pseudonym for Snape. You could, if you wanted to be less mysterious call it "Harry Potter and the story of Severus Snape" .

After all the novels seem to be a good deal about Snape's past as well.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The story (of all of the books) is composed of two parts: what happens to Harry, and the events leading up to Harry's scar. The story of Snape is integral to the latter.

Comment

could someone give me a short version of the potter story so far. Iam not going to read the books so give me all the spoilers.
              a link will be fine

Comment

Try wikipedia .
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Comment

my very first dance. how flattaring

Comment

Summary of Harry Potter
                      by Japher

Harry Potter is a mean little boy who is force to live under the stairs by his evil step sisters.

One day Harry finds some magic stamps underneath the kitchen sink. After taking them he finds that he has super wizarding powers.

He learns that there are other wizards, and even a wizard school! They put him a cloak and send him to this fabulous place far from his evil step sisters.

At this school he learns that there is a very evil person who has been trying to kill him since he was a baby, but can't because of a scar on his forehead.

Other kids vie for Harry's attention because he is a Stallion (if you know what I mean).

Harry finds a secret chamber, that him and his friends use to smoke pot in.

They also find another secret room where they hold orgies.

Harry doesn't like his Potions teacher because he doesn't allow him to drink anything they make.

Harry plays a game with his broom.

Many things happen.

Some old dude dies.

There is a big hairy guy, who's name isn' Harry, because that is Harry's name.

You are a muggle.
                      Last edited by Japher; August 19, 2005, 15:46.
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

"You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

The plot of Harry Potter

In a world marked by cultural degradation, reality TeeVee, and Grand theft auto, a welfare mom in Scotland writes a cute little book while sipping coffee at the sidewalk cafe.

Kids read.

Parents around the world are delighted.

Said welfare mom gets rich. Marries and has another kid. Kewl Brittania.

Adults read book too. Most enjoy it. Some take it WAY too seriously.

The End.
                          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Tell it again!

Comment

this should be locked, its a copy cat thread
                              Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Working...
                              X