Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tingkai
    Rotisserie

And you need PIM. That way its like creating an NHL team, and like it or not, every team has a goon.

Faceoff wins seems a bit odd.
    Wanted something to give the centres an edge.

Shall we replace Faceoff Wins with PIM?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I still say I don't like PIM

or if its a points league, make PIM a negative point, and not a positive.
      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Yeah, no need for PIM.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Should consider Faceoff Losses too then - Wins alone boosts crappy centers too.

I'm fine with or without PIM, but I don't like the idea of negative PIM.

Comment

I, too, find faceoffs won kind of odd. It just strikes me as a useless stat (in terms of a pool, that is). I can do without PIM either, though I like it better that FW. If you need another stat for skaters, I'd be inclined to bring in SH stuff - goals, assists or just total points.
            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by dejon
              Should consider Faceoff Losses too then - Wins alone boosts crappy centers too.

I'm fine with or without PIM, but I don't like the idea of negative PIM.
              i say the idea of negative PIM cuz realistically, a team gets hurt for having players not in the box, they don't win from it.
              Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

One advantage of PIM is that it creates interesting trade possibilities, at least in rotisserie, not sure how it works in H2H.

But in rotisserie, it creates the strategic decision of whether to pick up a power forward who will get you points and PIM, or go for a sniper who will give you goals and assists, but low pim, or go for the goon who won't give you goals and assists, but will give you pim.
                Golfing since 67

Comment

FW eliminated, PIM still in the air...
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

For game winning goals, look at the stats and decide:

Is it luck, or a sign of skill?
                    Golfing since 67

Comment

Are shorthanded points really that bad? Doesn't seem too much like luck to me.
                      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned

Comment

Anyways, I'm in what ever the pool.

What about the draft date?

How about noon EST, Oct 2. Season starts Oct 5.
                        Golfing since 67

Comment

I'd personally be in favor of shorthanded stats and game-winners, certainly over faceoff wins or percentage and absolutely over PIM.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I'm okay with anything, so long as there's balance. FW with FL, for instance. SH points are more luck than GW points, imo. PIM are, unfortunately, still a part of the game.

Comment

I dunno, I think shorthanded goals and game winning goals are more a function of luck.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'd say GW goals are far more a function of luck. It's a goal that you happen to be on the ice for. A short handed goal requires some measure of skill to intercept a pass (assuming it's not a giveaway) and beat everyone on the other team when you're down at least a man.

Comment

Working...
                                X