No announcement yet.

What's Google gonna do with $8 billion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Google gonna do with $8 billion?

Google just announced a secondary stock offering of $4 billion, which will bring its cash horde to some $8 billion. My question is pretty simple. What the hell is Google planning to do with $8 billion?
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Buy a small army.

Comment

this

Comment

Have a money fight with Microsoft a la Huey, Duey and Louie in Scrooge McDuck's vault.
        "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
        "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
        "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Give it to me, please
          Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
          Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

The Google Grid is a possibility. They could pick back up the Teledesic project -- the global grid of high speed internet satellites. This project still makes sense.

$8 billion says instrastructure to me.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Ferraris and million dollar homes come to mind.
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Make another $8 billion?
                Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Boring, isn't it?

Comment

If I where playing a buisness sim, this is about the time where I would look for a new game to play.

Profit.
                    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                      this
                      What a load of bollocks.

We've been having 'EPIC' for years, it's called tabloids.
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
                        If I where playing a buisness sim, this is about the time where I would look for a new game to play.

Profit.
                        Which is why no one in their right mind would take business advice from you.

Comment

EPIC
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

tinfoil central

Seriously, I sorta support this.
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Total and utter global domination, naturally...
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X