Dis vikings are crazy no!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dis vikings are crazy no!

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

I like a viking ship as much as the next guy, but this is a bit crazy. And he wants to cross the atlantic in it!!

And it only took two years - a real one might take longer!?
    Last edited by child of Thor; August 17, 2005, 13:12.
    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Cool, the history of ship building has to be corrected now
    Blah

Comment

That's why the Romans never discovered North America first, they eat Cornettos
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Blah

Comment

Hey, leave Dis's vikings out of this.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

This qualifies for a My Stupid State thread. The moron's from Jacksonville.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Then i guess its up to the taxpayers of Jacksonville to spend the money to rescue this guy after he gets stranded at sea.

Comment

Crazy, si ! Vikings, NO !!!

This is a real vikingship 30 m long carrying 70 men -

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

but not made out of lolipop sticks. I think he deserves an honoury 'viking' tag - even if he is from jacksonville(is that east coast? the vikings did land there before Columbus discorvered the Americas - so he could be blood related).

And he's crazy without doubt.

But cool ships black cat i love em like they were my very own
                  'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Comment

The Vikings never made it to Florida. Not even North Florida.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by child of Thor

But cool ships black cat i love em like they were my very own
                      Actually, it's the same ship, just without mast on the one. If you like that kind of pics, take a look here :

It's going to visit Dublin sometime in 2007 on a trip around the british island. Though, I can't guarantee any raids - too much police these days
                      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

@Che,

It was around Minnesota wasn't it? In theory with the "vinland saga's" anyway. I think they did make a landing - there are some interesting myths(and odd genetics) among the native american peoples from around that area they supposidly did land.

If this guy is from Florida then he could be one of those 'sea dogs' types - people who move to where they can keep a boat easily.
                        I rekon he could be a real viking and i like what he's done - - i'd buy him a beer, exchange salty seadog stories and tell him he is crazy

And extra for that link black cat - wooden boats, hides and sails: makes me want to sign up for another such adventure right away

Comment

What about far FAR north Florida?? Huh?
                          "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                          "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                          "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Oh, Florida was loads bigger in those days.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat

Actually, it's the same ship, just without mast on the one. If you like that kind of pics, take a look here :

It's going to visit Dublin sometime in 2007 on a trip around the british island. Though, I can't guarantee any raids - too much police these days
                              They should skip Brittain and go to Ireland instead. Pick up some slaves there, move on to Iceland and start writing more of those incredible sagas. Icelandic Vikings

Edit: oops, overlooked Dublin in your post. The rest still stands though...
                              Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                              And notifying the next of kin
                              Once again...

Comment

Working...
                              X