Why does this town suck so bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Last Conformist

Seeing you're in Canada, maybe you have the same effect as we have; that homeless out of big cities with underground and the like tend to freeze in death in winter.
    They'll get the last laugh when we discover a cure for alchoholism and unfreeze them.
    He's got the Midas touch.
    But he touched it too much!
    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

I have heard that Canadian cities are a lot nicer than American cities, as are cities in most any other part of the developed world.

Baltimore is pretty bad, its been called the Detroit of the East, however there are signs of gentrification going on.

In the next 20 or so years, as more people with money move into major cities, it's likely that smaller rural cities will become the dumps of the country. Already in the Bay Area there is increasing gangster rap music talking about Fairfield, a city about 100 miles inland from San Francisco with a population of 90,000.
      Visit First Cultural Industries
      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander
        At least you could get good weed when Mayor Schmoke ran Baltimore.
        Yeah, most likely from him.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber

Wow-- I've never experienced homelss "in the middle of nowhere"-- heck in Calgary they don't even come out to the suburbs as it is too far to walk to a liquor store or methadone clinic plus all the shelters and good outdoor places to hunker down are in the downtown.

Is rural homelessness common? I grew up in a very small and pretty poor town but EVERYONE had a roof over their head
          It's not that far in the middle of nowhere. I just used that term to explain that it is an actual farm. And not a suburb with large lots. They did farm tobacco. now they pay other people to farm their land. no one wants to do the hard work of farming anymore

It's only about 15 miles from Waldorf and Upper Marlboro. Maybe 30 miles from Washington D.C. (maybe a little further- I'd have to check the map).

but the area surrounding the farms has built up significantly in population. It's not high density housing, but compared to the farms, it kind of is. Croom road is fairly built up compared to when I was a kid.

Comment

Rural homelessness is rare since it's easy to put up a shack in the woods. However there is plenty of substandard housing in rural areas that's about a notch above cardboard and overpass in terms of protection from the weather.
            Visit First Cultural Industries
            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

So, are you a Canadian living in Baltimore? Or a Baltimorian posing as a Canadian?
              Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that it's idiotic.
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Is Baltimorian a word?

Comment

So, we know what he looks like - and now we know where he lives...
                    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

whats the big deal about Schmoke? I was there when he was first elected (yup, i voted for him) and he did fine for his first term - nothing really inspiring, but nothing bad, and the city kept on more or less the same trends it had been on before, under Schaefer (and the brief interregnum under Burns) Seems Schmoke stayed too long and got burnt out, or whatever.
                      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                        I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that it's idiotic.
                        Hmmm... interesting. Previously, I only suspected JimmyCracksCorn as a DL posing as a Canadian. With views virtually indistinguishable from, say, Imran.

And now you have appropriated Imran's Benjamin Franklin quote about beer. Could it be that Imran controls a vast network of "Canadian" agents? Is this part of Rush Limbaugh's scheme for yet more American aggression against Canada? I wonder.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh
                          And now you have appropriated Imran's Benjamin Franklin quote about beer.
                          I've had this quote as my sig for longer thann Imran has, you twit.
                          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Killing it is the new killing it
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Irrelevent.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                              Is Baltimorian a word?
                              The correct nomenclature is Baltimoron.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Very true

Comment

Working...
                                X