Bums are littering my city!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bums are littering my city!!!

JANESVILLE, Wis. - Police trying to rouse an 87-year-old woman snoozing on a recliner in a discount store on the weekend found $60,000 in cash in her purse while looking for her identification.

Employees at the Big Lots store said the woman had been sleeping there for hours when police arrived at 8 p.m. on Saturday, said Janesville Sgt. Tom Wolfram.

Police could not manage to wake her and an officer who rummaged through her purse found six 100-bill stacks of $100 bills inside a second bag secured with a safety pin, Wolfram said.

A sergeant was dispatched to the scene to verify the money count, and the cash later also was counted by Lt. Keith Lawver.

"I've never seen $60,000 cash until they put it on my desk last night," Lawver said.

Police temporarily took the money for safekeeping while the woman's status was clarified, the sergeant said, but the money was returned to her Monday.

The woman was taken to Mercy Hospital, checked and then released, said Nancy White, property manager of the Golden Acres Apartments for the elderly across the street.

White said she fed the woman, washed her clothes and allowed her to stay with her until Monday morning.

"She kind of reminded me of a female Scrooge. She was very unappreciative," White said.

Lawver told the Janesville Gazette the woman does not have a fixed address and has been staying at various Janesville apartments and hotels for the past year, while under the care of a Rock County social services caseworker.

"Hopefully, her caseworker will help her get a bank account set up and help her manage it," Lawver said.

No, I wasn't one of the cops there, but I do know them.
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Bizarre.

Comment

i am not sure what the woman did wrong but fall alseep in the chair, and with the money she had on her why not just sell her the chair??
      When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
      "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
      Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

She was asleep in the chair for 8 hours. Like Kuci said, bizarre. No one did anything wrong. No charges were issued. Hell, the woman got showed, fed and her cloths cleaned for it.
        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

There's nothign bizzare about sleeping for 8 hours. That's just a good night's sleep.

What's this got to do with littering?
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Q: If you found $60,000, or a winning lottery ticket, or the Key to the Fountain of Youth in a guy's wallet and he wasn't in a position to defend his property (homeless, or didn't know it was a winner ticket, or you could tell him the wallet is how you found it), would you return the wallet with the major item in it to him?

I just couldn't take a guy's money like that. I'd be like, "hey, man, I hate to say I riffled through your wallet when I found it, but I was looking for an ID or something to look you up and I saw you had the big winning ticket from yesterday..." and hope he gave me a couple thousand for being honest.
            meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

I could rationalize taking the money, but I couldn't actually take the money. Obviosuly she ain't using it, and someone else is just gonna steal it from her and use it for booze and drugs. I could put it to good use paying off my debt.

But I wouldn't take it. I couldn't take it.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I'd use it for her. Buy her some clothes. rent an appartment. The last thing we want is her to get robbed, and the money put to a bad use.
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                  I could rationalize taking the money, but I couldn't actually take the money. Obviosuly she ain't using it, and someone else is just gonna steal it from her and use it for booze and drugs. I could put it to good use paying off my debt.

But I wouldn't take it. I couldn't take it.
                  she was using it. She had to pay for the apartments somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by Az
                    I'd use it for her.

Love the utilitarian rationalization for stealing from a defenseless old woman.

You're such a stalinist.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Love the utilitarian rationalization for theft.

Oh, Ludd, you're such a cute libertarian.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

I would have taken that money. I think.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Chegitz
                          someone else is just gonna steal it from her and use it for booze and drugs.

Originally posted by Sava
                          I would have taken that money.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Bums are littering my city!!!
                            You know, I've noticed a few arses scattered around here recently
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Wild!!

I am not shocked they called the police. IF I had someone I could not wake on my premises, I would likely call 911 in fear there was a medical thing .
                              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
                              X