Siro goes to disengage in Gaza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siro goes to disengage in Gaza

Well I'm here in the officers' school, accessing the web.

The entire officer's school is drafted for the disengagement mission, and that includes me as well.

We were supposed to leave for Gaza yesterday, but we keep getting delayed for various reasons. Several platoons have already left, and are in camps there. Things are tense.

We have been alerted several times already and all our stuff are packed and waiting near the buses. Taking them next to the buses and then back to our living place is annoying! We have lots of heavy stuff, and udnerwear for a month is quite alot of wait!

Anyways, what am I expected to do?
    I don't know yet.
    There are several options:

1) just wait in the camp.
    2) guard the gaza strip borders from jewish infiltrators who will try to enter it and disrupt the evacuation
    3) actively go from house to house and remove people (by force if necessary)
    4) help people who are willing to leave to pack and carry their stuff

option 3 is the hardest (mentally and physically) and we have been preparing mostly for it, even though chances are, most of the bussiness will be left to special better trained units.

anyways, i will attempt to tell you what's up through Az (whose calls i've been politely ignoring in the last week).

I hope you won't get to see my face on TV
    I'm the pale one with the large nose and green beret

please don't get into politics in this thread. I want to dedicate it to "field reporting" (even though it is not exactly kosher by army standards).

I will be talking to you through Az as soon as I get the word to move.

missing all of you guys
    cadet siro.

Good luck. Don't kill anyone.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

of course not.
      we're not allowed to hurt anyone.

we were taught some immobilizing techniques, but generally we are ordered to turn the other cheek. It's our citizens and our people. plus it is quite understandable that a person been evacuated from his house against his wishes will resist.

damn thoguh
      i still have bruises from the training, even though we underwent very little.

Comment

So a guy goes to a bar and asks for an Israeli settler.

The bartender looks at him and says, "I've never heard of that drink. How's it made?"

The the guy says, "Kaluha, vodka, and cream."

The bartender says, "Oh, you mean a white Russian."
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Be firm but polite.
          So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
          Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Keep your head down and take care.
            Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
            Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
            *****Citizen of the Hive****
            "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Good luck man, I hope it goes quickly, orderly, and safely. No starting any civil wars, 'poly doesn't need that kind of bad press...
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

If something unexpected happens, behave unexpected as well

Comment

Good luck
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

good luck, be careful,

My prayers are with you, and with all of Tzahal.
                    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Don't shoot your commanding officer.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                        Don't shoot your commanding officer.
                        Fixed

Comment

Take care and good luck, Sirotnikov.

And don't get into any trouble for posting here either, like Oerdin (nearly?) did.

Comment

Good luck Siro, confiscate som Kassam rockets for me
                            får jag köpa din syster? tre kameler för din syster!

Comment

OK, here's what you do. Take your icon, make a larger version that can be displayed on a notebook full screen. When you come to the door, as you ask the occupants to please vacate their premises, you show them the icon. The hardcore ones, who would be most likely to refuse to leave will also be the most likely to be offended by your little Betty- Boopsie. When they lunge at the offending picture you step back. You let them chase you into your Hummer, or whatever type of vehicle you guys drive, then you jump out the other side as your buddies close the doors. Then you rap twice on the hood and the driver takes off for the resettlement area.
                              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                              X