X-Files Sequel Still Out There

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Files Sequel Still Out There

A brief but telling quote from Frank about the second XF movie was posted on SciFi Wire a few weeks ago:

Frank Spotnitz, co-executive producer of The X-Files, told SCI FI Wire that a second feature film based on the television series is still in the works. "My deal has been done—and I'm not exaggerating—for a year and a half," he said in an interview at the Television Critics Association press tour in Beverly Hills, Calif., where he was promoting his new series, Night Stalker. "There are other deals, and you can guess who the people are [who are] involved, and I don't know why they're taking so long. It's very frustrating to me. I hoped the movie would be done now."

Spotnitz said that the lack of a deal has so far prevented him and creator Chris Carter from writing the script, but they know what the story will be and are looking forward to writing it. "Obviously, I'm very busy right now, but it means a lot to me," he said. "I would love to do it, and I wish that we could get all the business things in order so it could happen. ... These are things that happen between lawyers, and I'm not privy to it because it's not my deal. But I know [stars] David [Duchovny] and Gillian [Anderson] want to do it. I know Chris wants to do it. I don't know where the holdup is. But I hope it happens. I remain optimistic it will happen. If you'd asked me a year ago, I never would have believed it still wouldn't be in the works at this point." Spotnitz's new show, Night Stalker, premieres Thursday, Sept. 29, at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

X-Files was the greatest TV series ever. I can't wait for this movie..

You know, there are places on the internet that will kill you for that sort of sentence.
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Re: X-Files Sequel Still Out There

Originally posted by bfg9000
      X-Files was the greatest TV series ever.
      mmmmmm not so much

xfiles was good, but certainly not great...

every show was so annoying. it was like one long cliffhanger where you finally thought you were going to find out what the **** was going on... but NOOOOOO not even in the last episode did they explain anything.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I always thought it was retarded how Scully remained a skeptic throughout the whole series. Despite seeing monsters and ghosts and aliens every single fricking week. Umm...?
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Scully very rarely, if ever, saw conclusive proof of any aliens/monsters. Even if we the viewers saw something there was very rarely any conclusive proof.

And she was the "science" perspective. Just seeing something unexplainable doesn't prove it's a ghost or an alien. Also, even if you have seen ghosts/monsters/aliens in the past doesn't mean that you should assume this situation is a ghost/alien/monster. It could be something else.
          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

Liked the show, and would be glad about a new movie....unless they mess it up of course. IMO the first movie wasn't great, but good.....Some of the best moments of the x-files however where when they handled those mystery and conspiracy stories with some irony.....
            Blah

Comment

I'm not sure where they would go with the plot line in a sequel. I guess they would fast forward to 2012 and have Mulder, Scully, Doggett, Reyes leading a resistance movement against the aliens..

Comment

Not sure if that wouldn't spoil the entire x-files atmosphere? I would rather have a thriller-like thing with mystery or scifi elements, more like the classic x-files stuff.....Of course, just my opinion....
                Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Az

You know, there are places on the internet that will kill you for that sort of sentence.
                  I say to those places: Bring it on!

They cant convince me otherwise.

Comment

Oh lord, just let it DIE!

The series finale was the most craptacular piece of utter crapitude ever to crap on my television set. Around the end of season four or so, it was all downhill...
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by bfg9000
                      I'm not sure where they would go with the plot line in a sequel. I guess they would fast forward to 2012 and have Mulder, Scully, Doggett, Reyes leading a resistance movement against the aliens..
                      I've read it's supposed to be a prequel of sorts, set sometime during the television run and not having anything to do with aliens or conspiracies.

I rather enjoyed the X-Files, until I found out after the series ended that TPTB had no overall plan for the conspiracy/alien episodes. Then I felt like years of my life were wasted and, frankly, have vowed never to watch X-Files again.

You reading this, Chris? Yes? Excellent. Guess what? I'M SO HAPPY YOUR STUPID "HARSH REALM" GOT CANCELED ALMOST RIGHT OUT OF THE GATE!

Gatekeeper
                      "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Gatekeeper
                        Then I felt like years of my life were wasted and, frankly, have vowed never to watch X-Files again.
                        Isn't watching tv generally not more than wasting time?
                        Blah

Comment

Night Stalker

Ted Striker

THE X FILES MOVIE
                          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                          X