car problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car problems

After a good roll of fortune and happy feelings I finally hit something stupid. I'm not sure if this is bad or not, but maybe it won't cost me anything much.

Basically on my way to work, the car 'lost all power'. It didn't accelerate properly, and it made this weird sound, as if something was going to another beat a little. It felt like I had me handbreak on.

When I was waiting in lights, I noticed the car shakes VERY much. Like a massage. When I pushed the clutch down and gave some throttle, it started sounding and feeling normal, but when I hit the gear on, .... no power, shaking a bit in low speeds.. as if I was driving with 2 gears too high.

I don't know what's wrong with it. What do you guys think? Other than that it was OK, but this is not OK.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

ONE possibility is trash in the fuel. Fuel filter now clogged up.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

True, possible.. I forgot to mention, that when I got off from work, it started up OK, and felt fine, like normal, but then after maybe 10 minutes the same thing started again. I would assume if I was to start the car now, it would go just fine, but after 10-15 minutes, the same problems would start.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Sounds like a fuel problem to me too. An old car I used to have had it's oxygen control go kaput, so I wasn't getting the right mix during combustion. Similar symptoms to what you describe.
        "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
        "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
        "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Is the same problem occurring in all five/six gears?

Comment

could also be the spark plugs, or the carburator.

I have two problems with the car these days:
            a) The thermostat is probably toast - the radiator is stuck at a short cycle, and the engine overheats rather easily.
            b) Whenever I don't use the car for some time, it doesn't start easily, and I have to press the gas pedal simultaneously as I start it. It also works very poorly, as if it is running out of fuel - but that's just in the beginning, like in the morning, after it wasn't used all night. It quickly loses that problem.
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Yes. All gears. But the power problem becomes more evident the higher we go. With first gear, it accelerates almost OK, but the higher we go, the worse the acceleration gets. It's a car that accelerates good, so all the power seems to be gone, to the extent that it's truly a problem, meaning I can't go pass anyone, plus the shaking with low speeds, plus the general feeling of stucky and all that makes it uncomfortable. Maybe nothing is broke, but somethng is not working as it is supposed to work.
              In da butt.

Comment

Az, my dad knows a lot about cars, I mean he can fix anything so we never have to go to them mechanics ever, and he first said it might be the plugs.
                In da butt.

Comment

I mean he said it can be so many things, but first the plugs came to mind.
                  In da butt.

Comment

defintily a problem with the fuel, porbably fuel injection system. sounds like what happened to my truck when the fuel injection system failed and flooded my converter.
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Az, my dad knows a lot about cars, I mean he can fix anything so we never have to go to them mechanics ever, and he first said it might be the plugs.

But I sort of think that it's a fuel supply/mixture problem, since it's sorta more prevalent at higher gears, and the shaking sounds correct, also.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

The second thing he said that it might be the injectors.. jeesh, you guys know about cars? You see, I don't even know what we are talking about really.

I'm such a dumbass. I just drive the damn thing
                        In da butt.

Comment

Fuel injection needs periodic attention anyway.
                          The jets do get gummy.

So try this. Take out plugs and clean off any corrosion.
                          Doesn't help, check into getting some additive to clean injection system.
                          Still running like a *****, start thinking fuel filter.
                          Go from simpler to harder.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

the only things I know about cars are those things that have broken on me and I have had to have fixed
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

[q=Pekka]
                              The second thing he said that it might be the injectors..[/q]
                              [q=Az]
                              But I sort of think that it's a fuel supply/mixture problem[/q]
                              I thought it's an old carburateur car, but it's with injection, so yes, sounds plausible.

Damn, I guess I do know a thing or two ( sad personal experience )

I'm such a dumbass. I just drive the damn thing

Don't feel bad, you learn by your car experiencing trouble. I've learned a ton! ( that and I have many friends that are mechanics in the army )
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                              X