Zen Micro Photo: 8GB; 262,144-color screen; $249

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zen Micro Photo: 8GB; 262,144-color screen; $249

Creative has got some plans to update the Zen Micro Photo this fall — it’s gonna see a storage bump up to 8GB and will come in at a pricepoint of $249 when it hits stores in September or October. Other than that, it’s still the same size as the regular Zen Micro, but will see a battery life bump up to 15 hours instead of 12. Unfortunately, still no USB Mass Storage compliance.
    I'll be upgrading to this baby, I think.

The iPod Photo's screen is 64K colors, by the way.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Cool info. I'm gonna buy one this fall.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

"pricepoint"
      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I doubt it is possible to design more awful looking ipod clone than that.
        Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Some kids around here have way too much money...
          Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
          And notifying the next of kin
          Once again...

Comment

Vrey nice.

I've had my Creative 20 gig model for about 6 months now, and couldn't be happier about it. They make great products, from what I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by laurentius
              I doubt it is possible to design more awful looking ipod clone than that.
              It's awesome. I don't care for the color of the one pictured, but there's quite a selection.

And I don't think it's an iPod clone. It's a much better product from a line of MP3 players that existed before the iPod did...

I'll be getting the blue, second from the left in the above pic.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

You're going to get another one already? Haven't you got better things to squander your money on?
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I last bought an MP3 player 2.5 years ago.

I'm due for an upgrade...

Comment

The Zen Micros look nice, IMO. Especially the black ones. I don't see the point of paying an extra for a color screen... Do people actually watch photos on these tiny screens? (Not to mention that color screens consume more power.) The 8 GB hard drive is nice, though. Anyway, that means that the previous models will drop in price.
                    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

It's awesome. I don't care for the color of the one pictured, but there's quite a selection.

And I don't think it's an iPod clone. It's a much better product from a line of MP3 players that existed before the iPod did...

I'll be getting the blue, second from the left in the above pic.
                      Okay the blue is a bit less :vomit: but still they appear bulky and plastic. I'm not entirely sure about the family history of the Zen but AFAIK they are supposed to be Creatives answer to Apple iPod. They have copied some of its features and added few of their own but deep down they are still just clones.

I try to avoid HD based players, they have mechanical parts therefore they a)break down eventually and b)have lousy battery life. I did some upgrading myself last week and bought 1 GB Sony Network Walkman NW-E507 which not only has increadibly slim and cool appearance but it also plays either my MP3 music or FM radio for 50 consecutive hours. Looks like it sells for 199 $ in the US so its even cheaper than the Zen Micro. Just my recommendation..

Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Yes, I would rather have a solid state based player...I see the capacity of them is increasing pretty well...
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I'm actually looking forward to the 20 GB version of the iRiver H10. It's going to be about the same price as this Creative Zen, and will also have color display.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                            Yes, I would rather have a solid state based player...I see the capacity of them is increasing pretty well...
                            yep, having moving parts in a MP3 player is just asking for trouble. Give me a smaller solid state player any day!

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo
                              The Zen Micros look nice, IMO. Especially the black ones. I don't see the point of paying an extra for a color screen... Do people actually watch photos on these tiny screens? (Not to mention that color screens consume more power.) The 8 GB hard drive is nice, though. Anyway, that means that the previous models will drop in price.
                              It's an OLED display -- it consumes less power than a B&W LCD like in the traditional iPods. That's why it has 3 hours more battery life.

Comment

Working...
                              X