Grr how do i get rid of this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grr how do i get rid of this

This is not the first time I've seen this and it;s so freaking annoying. I can't read the text behind this stupid damn thing.

How do I get rid of it, I can't even find the close box or whatever.
    Attached Files
    Who is Barinthus?

What page is that?

Comment

if you were playing counter-strike, I'd tell you to press f10
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

stop subscribing to Apolyton Plus!
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

This makes me so angry, that it becomes sadness.

If I get annoyed by a pop-up ad, it not only makes me disregard any material it contains, but it actively makes me want to avoid the product.

I guess there are some people who go 'hmmm, what is this thing blocking my view...oh, an ad for EB Games...I'm going to forget about this article I'm reading, and I'm going to go straight to EB Games to spend my hard earned money'.

Maybe we all suffer in silence. If only the communists had won.
          Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

It's amazing the things you don't miss when you switch browsers and install a few handy-dandy extensions...
            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Bkeela
              If only the communists had won.
              Ah yes. Then we'd at least have party slogans and police warnings blocking our view instead of ads.

Comment

Kuci - this is a link from "How Great Are the People..." from CIV news section of 'Poly

Bkeela - sigh I know! Only way I can read the text is copy and paste onto a Word file.

DRose - I do use Firefox, that was from Firefox browser.
                Who is Barinthus?

Comment

You can't close it because it's not a popup - it's part of the page. Try resize the browser - it might reformat the layout.
                  With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

That´s because cool people use Opera
                    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Bar, get the Adblock extension and select the offending page element for blockage.

Edit: With my resolution set at 1600x1200, I almost missed it on second look. Yeah, it's the formatting of the page, not the slider. The text isn't being covered in that screenshot as afar as I can tell.
                      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                        Bar, get the Adblock extension and select the offending page element for blockage.

Edit: With my resolution set at 1600x1200, I almost missed it on second look. Yeah, it's the formatting of the page, not the slider. The text isn't being covered in that screenshot as afar as I can tell.

Yeah, you are right - looking closer there isn't missing any text - it's just bad web design.
                        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

REinstall.
                          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs

Thanks for the tip
                            Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Working...
                            X