pasta sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pasta sauce

Please elaborate on specific tomato or cream based sauce recipes.

This could be a great recipe database.
    tomato based
    73.33%
    cream based
    13.33%
    oil based
    13.33%
    While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

My absolute favorate sauce is carabonara, which is an oil based sauce, but I don't eat it all that much. It's too rich and expensive if made properly (with pancetta and prosciutto).

My main pasta sauce is arabiata, or Southern Italian spicy red sauce, often with some Italian sausage mixed in.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

1. sautee chopped onions in a pan

2. add garlic

3. add Lamb mince

4. add basil and oregano

5. add chopped tomatoes, tomato paste and red wine

I don't know how to do it any other way... but correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

If you like it, it's not wrong.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

That's true... but if there's a better way... then it's even better.

My local shop sold jars of arabiata for a while... lovely stuff. They stopped selling it for some reason though. How is it made?

Comment

Dunno.

Comment

google it or even better wikipedia it, ya never know there could be a recipe!
              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

I prefer tomato based sauces, though white clam sauce is good.

Carbonara can be ok, thought its too heavy for me most of the time.
                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                  My absolute favorate sauce is carabonara, which is an oil based sauce, but I don't eat it all that much. It's too rich and expensive if made properly (with pancetta and prosciutto).
                  Carbonara is cream based (or better said, cheese based), not oil based.
                  If you don't like reality, change it! me
                  "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                  "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                  "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Tomatoes for teh win!!11!11

Of course, whatever it is as long as it's from Italy I'll eat it.

Comment

I tend to prefer types of pesto (oil based) over tomato sauces, but tht's only a rough rule. I love pesto genovese (much basilic) and its variants, but also pesto siciliano (with nuts/pinoli and peccorino-cheese).
                      With Penne, there's only Arrabiata though. Spaghetti Bolognese are a hit when prepared properly and "teh horror!!11!11" when consumed in a bad restaurant.
                      "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                      "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

My favorite is a tomato cream base, so I can't vote.
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Carbonara isn't oil based I agree. I do it with cream, egg and pancetta (plus parmeggiano), basta.
                          I more often eat tomato based, mostly bolognese (with lots of parmeggiano too).
                          Clash of Civilization team member
                          (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                          web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

I switch off between a tomato-based sauce (take a couple of jars of the Classico garlicky sauce, add some tomato paste, garlic, hot salsa, dave's insanity sauce, black pepper, and ground beef), a clam cream-based sauce (heavy cream, clam chowder, clams, shrimp, garlic, white wine, cook with cubed chicken), and a mushroom cream-based sauce (golden mushroom soup, cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix, garlic, sherry, diced mushrooms, cook with cubed beef).
                            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Heat a tiny little bit of (olive) oil in a pot and cook minced meat until it has a nice brown color. Use a spoon or something else to make sure the meat is cut into little pieces while cooking.
                              In another pot add some (olive) oil and fry onions, little branches of broccoli and garlic. As for the tomatoes, I usually take them from a can, already cut into pieces and add them. If you want fresh tomatoes, you have to slightly cut into their skin, cook them and peel them before adding them. Finally add the cooked meat to the other pot and stir it for a while.

Tests best if you add some cheese (not necessarily Parmesan) when serving.

Comment

Working...
                              X