Recommend me some new music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sikander

That looks interesting. I've never heard it.

I have it on c.d. in Australia but have only the vinyl version over here.

In fact now that I recall I have several vinyl Eno bootlegs and Talking Heads and early Roxy Music bootlegs that I haven't transferred to any other format.

Tarnation- I'd let you have a copy of 'em gratis, along with my bootleg first version of 'My Life In The Bush of Ghosts' which is radically different to the released one.

I'll have to see who I can trust to caress my vinyl and transfer it to disc and p.c. ....
    Attached Files
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom

I have it on c.d. in Australia but have only the vinyl version over here.

In fact now that I recall I have several vinyl Eno bootlegs and Talking Heads and early Roxy Music bootlegs that I haven't transferred to any other format.

Tarnation- I'd let you have a copy of 'em gratis, along with my bootleg first version of 'My Life In The Bush of Ghosts' which is radically different to the released one.

I'll have to see who I can trust to caress my vinyl and transfer it to disc and p.c. ....
      I'd be extremely grateful. My Life in the Bush of Ghosts is one of my favorites, it would be really cool to hear another take on it. I don't think I have any of that stuff in fact. Let me know if you transfer that stuff and we'll make arrangements. Are you in London now?
      He's got the Midas touch.
      But he touched it too much!
      Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander

I'd be extremely grateful. My Life in the Bush of Ghosts is one of my favorites, it would be really cool to hear another take on it. I don't think I have any of that stuff in fact. Let me know if you transfer that stuff and we'll make arrangements. Are you in London now?

Oh yes- and its raining too.

Still I can always get a decent curry and visit the Ambala shop so that makes up for it.

And there's a record fair at Olympia in September...hoorah!!!!

The version of 'Jezebel Spirit' on the bootleg is very different- completely different voiceover (from a woman evangelist) and its a different length too.

I have some instrumental out-takes on a couple of albums that sound very 'Bush of Ghosts' crossed with the funkier instrumentals and rhythm tracks from 'Another Green World' and 'Before and After Science', too.

Fruits of a mis-spent life.
        Attached Files
        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

'The Great Rock and Roll Swindle' is only a punk cash-in,
          That doesnt really matter though in this context

and by 'Give 'Em Enough Rope' the Clash are aleready veering towards widening their sound past the three chord thrash .
          I knew you would say that (and I disagree). I'm not sure when you can say that the Clash are no longer punk (but what are they if not punk) but 'Give 'Em Enough Rope' is still punk to me.

Although The Stranglers were called punk their sound was more New Wave even when they were starting out. Punk prog style keyboards ? Nah.
          I knew you would day that too (and I agree to a point) but there's no way I could ever call em new wave - no way!

The release dates of albums shouldn't be confused with determining the duration of the musical genre- I was witness to the change in sound in '78-'79 over here.
          Of course it should. When it played in clubs in London is only a small part of the duration of punk for the rest of the world. Hell I remember seeing swedish pseudo-punks in Stockholm in late 1980. You were just lucky enough to be at the cutting edge (locale-wise) so the dates were earlier than for the rest of the world.
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I assume you mean that you know more than one person who does that. If you want to do it yourself though I can recommend a program called wave corrector that you can use to encode then removes clicks pops hiss etc depending on what you need (and want to do). I bought it, used it, and recommend it.

We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
            If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
            Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Nile - Annihilation of the Wicked
              ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
              ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia
                  Nile - Annihilation of the Wicked
                  Indeed!
                  I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

The vocals aren't the greatest, but they don't detract from the overall brutal musical brilliance. I find the best way to listen is to concentrate on the guitars and drums and let the vocals add atmosphere.

Oh, and the production is stellar!

Comment

I think the vocals are just fine. Death Metal vocals shouldn´t be to polished
                      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Yeah, but I prefer vocals with a bit more variation...like Max Cavalera's.

Comment

Working...
                        X