No announcement yet.

Recommend me some new music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"try some older music if you want quality...

...Journey"

This was a mistake right?
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

He's in Kansas. Cut him some slack.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
        "try some older music if you want quality...

...Journey"

This was a mistake right?

The band or his recommendation?
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Don't stop believin'
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
            Rush
            Pink Floyd
            Kansas
            Moody Blues
            Yes
            Supertramp
            Triumph
            Asia
            Journey
            Bruce Springsteen (watching him right now on PBS)
            etc......
            sucks
            sucks
            sucks
            sucks
            sucks
            sucks
            sucks
            sucks
            sucks
            sucks
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

don't listen to sava, he has terrible taste in music

Rush: Very good
              Pink Floyd: beyond good- they're great
              Kansas- they only have 2 good songs, but they are damn good songs
              Moody Blues- I think they have 1 good song. that's it
              Yes- they have 2 good songs, that's it
              Supertramp had some good songs. But only the radio songs are any good. But they had about 5 or 6 that are really good

Triumph the insult comic dog. He's hilarious.

Asia- another band with 2 hits. I sampled other songs from them. They weren't good

Journey: They have about 12 hits. And they are all damn good songs. But all their non-hits aren't very good.

Bruce Springsteen. I liked him as a kid. But his songs don't hold up well. but Rage Against the Machine does a real cool cover song of a Bruce Springsteen song: Ghost of Tom Joad. But I do really love the Bruce Springsteen song: I'm on Fire. Something about that song that goes right down to the core

Comment

Does anyone know any experimental metal music?

I love listening too the jazz station in Vegas on saturday nights. They play what they call experimental jazz. I've heard some amazing stuff. I still like metal better than jazz. But some of the stuff I have heard on the experimental jazz segment blows away even my most favourite heavy metal song.

The problem with metal is there is no innovation anymore. Every band sounds the same. The 80's were the best time for heavy metal. Many new genres came about, and people weren't afraid to experiment.

There probably are some cool bands with a different sound, but I may not have heard of them. As usually just the bands with the normal metal sound make the metal radio stations I've listened to over the years. So if you guys know any band who has a unique (and cool) sound but aren't popular, point them out. I'll give them a try.

It was easy to hear cool bands when I was a teenager. As when you are in the "scene" you exchange cassette tapes and copy them with dual cassette players. Those were the days. In fact I still have this cassette that has some cool metal songs. Even though the sound quality on the cassette tape sucks, those songs are still amazing. Early 80's metal rules!

Comment

Has anybody listened to Cruachan. They are making some sort of celtic metal. Are they any good?
                  Quendelie axan!

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                    Try some of the old guys, like Stryper, Petra. I don't know who this "Disturbed" is, but take Stryper for example; they have both hard rock and more gentler songs.
                    I know you're a young'un, but c'mon.

0.1/10
                    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                      Ok, ok. I know this isn't the same,but this guy is 13. Started at 11.
                      Currently on tour with John Mayall.

http://www.ericsteckel.com/

Get thee behind me satan!

0.001/10
                      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
                        The guys here introduced me to Opeth and they're coming out with a new CD on the 30th. Excellent music.

You picked up American Idiot? Do you have earlier Green Day?
                        Opeth, another scandinavian black metal band. After my surprise with Dimmu Borgir, I'll have to have a look. I guess these bands result from the Malmsteen effect combined with an Ace of Base-Abba backlash.

Yes, I own earlier Green Day stuff but I had to get over their being labelled 'punk' first (the Clash they're not).

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
                          New music sucks, try some older music if you want quality

Rush
                          Pink Floyd
                          Kansas
                          Moody Blues
                          Yes
                          Supertramp
                          Triumph
                          Asia
                          Journey
                          Bruce Springsteen (watching him right now on PBS)
                          etc......
                          The problem is that I already own everything by those bands (and the etc's) that I want. Thats the music of my teens and early 20's. Hell, lately I've even been picking up music from that time that I dont listen to just cos I have no new bands to test out (hence this thread).
                          Last edited by SpencerH; August 14, 2005, 10:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Og
                            Has anybody listened to Cruachan. They are making some sort of celtic metal. Are they any good?
                            Never heard of them. Celtic metal! My first thought was to laugh, but why not? If you can mix classical orchestra sounds with metal....

Plus, I like the Pogues who are kinda celtic-punk.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                              Does anyone know any experimental metal music?

I love listening too the jazz station in Vegas on saturday nights. They play what they call experimental jazz. I've heard some amazing stuff. I still like metal better than jazz. But some of the stuff I have heard on the experimental jazz segment blows away even my most favourite heavy metal song.

The problem with metal is there is no innovation anymore. Every band sounds the same. The 80's were the best time for heavy metal. Many new genres came about, and people weren't afraid to experiment.

There probably are some cool bands with a different sound, but I may not have heard of them. As usually just the bands with the normal metal sound make the metal radio stations I've listened to over the years. So if you guys know any band who has a unique (and cool) sound but aren't popular, point them out. I'll give them a try.

It was easy to hear cool bands when I was a teenager. As when you are in the "scene" you exchange cassette tapes and copy them with dual cassette players. Those were the days. In fact I still have this cassette that has some cool metal songs. Even though the sound quality on the cassette tape sucks, those songs are still amazing. Early 80's metal rules!
                              Its surprising you dont like Yes since most of their best stuff (Relayer, Close to the Edge) was very similar to experimental jazz.

I sound like a broken record, but if you havent listened to Dimmu Borgir - give them a try.

Comment

I could give yes another listen. I admit I'm actually not familiar with any of their music aside from their radio hits. Every once in a while I'll download songs at random to see if they have some gems that never made it to the radio. I did that with Asia, and I didn't care for their non radio hits. But I'll try that with Yes sometime at a later date.

Comment

Working...
                                X