Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brotherhood of Man
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

SoulFly
      From Autumn to Ashes
      Atreyu
      Clutch

Good possibilities, Thanks.

Brotherhood of Man.

Hmmm, I'm hoping you dont mean the 70's pop band.
      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Re: Recommend me some new music

Originally posted by SpencerH
        The only new band I'm listening to regularly is "Disturbed". If you know who they are, like their stuff, and know of similar music that you also like please post it here.

Other than that, post interesting music choices but be prepared to be ignored
        system of a down. Though I'm not a big fan of their new album.

There really hasn't been anything released in 2005 worth listening to imho.

Comment

I liked the song "Aerials" very much, but couldnt get into anything else by them. Its not 2005 that has been the problem. Aside from Disturbed, I havent really found any new bands that I like in 15 years. So for the most part I'm acquiring stuff from the 70's (I've been collecting some Iron Maiden lately). I've picked up some new CD's such as 'American Idiot' but they're by bands that have been around for a while now.
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

Disturbed is okay. I like a song by them called the game.

Comment

Lamb of God
              Books Lie
              Milemarker
              Juno
              Planes Mistaken for Stars
              Jawbreaker
              I never know their names, But i smile just the same
              New faces...Strange places,
              Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
              -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

Found something. "Dimmu Borgir" it's nothing like Disturbed but its definitely very interesting. I'll have to listen to a bit more.
                Dimmu Borgir

Children of Bodom is another great band. Growling vocals but very melodic and slightly progressive. A very appealing blend IMHO
                I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

What is it you like about them? Without knowing their music, "Mudvayne" seem a odd with the make-up and all(kinda like slipknot).
                  well, I liked Disturbed and those bands sound a lot like Disturbed. I know Mudvayne is kind of weird with the makeup, but the music is good. I don't watch MTV or anything so I don't care what they look like.
                  Do you listen to biohazard. I have a vague memory that I was impressed by one of their videos and stylistically they are similar to Disturbed (ie alternative metal with (what I see as) a hispanic influence).
                  I've got a Biohazard CD... the one with the song "Punishment". They're decent. I wouldn't say they are comparable to Disturbed, however. Biohazard has a more urban flavor to their music. They've also done a lot of work with some rap groups.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Re: Re: Recommend me some new music

Originally posted by Dis

system of a down. Though I'm not a big fan of their new album.

There really hasn't been anything released in 2005 worth listening to imho.
                    I seriously beg to differ.

Judas Priest released one of their best albums ever!

Nile released a barrage of uncompromising death metal in "Annihilation of the Wicked".

Napalm Death showed they still got it with "The code is red..."

The same with Nine Inch Nails "With Teeth". Who the **** needs posers like Marilyn Manson?

Grand Magus and Spiritual Beggars also released very good albums. Maybe something for you Spencer?

And least but not last the pride and joy of the swedish metal scene - Dark Tranquillity - released "Character".

I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions. I knew there had to be some metal-listeners here.

Dimmu Borgir are a very interesting of metal and 'classical'; almost a throwback in style to the hard rock bands that were popular in the 70's. I avoided listening to them before now, believing them to be thrash metal or something (which I'm not partial to). I have to wonder whether they tour with an orchestra.

Comment

Try some of the old guys, like Stryper, Petra. I don't know who this "Disturbed" is, but take Stryper for example; they have both hard rock and more gentler songs.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Ok, ok. I know this isn't the same,but this guy is 13. Started at 11.
                          Currently on tour with John Mayall.

21st Century Guitar-Driven Blues.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

The White Stripes
                            The Strokes
                            The Vines
                            The Yeah Yeah Yeahs
                            Sahara Hot Night
                            The Kills
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

The guys here introduced me to Opeth and they're coming out with a new CD on the 30th. Excellent music.

You picked up American Idiot? Do you have earlier Green Day?
                              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

New music sucks, try some older music if you want quality

Rush
                                Pink Floyd
                                Kansas
                                Moody Blues
                                Yes
                                Supertramp
                                Triumph
                                Asia
                                Journey
                                Bruce Springsteen (watching him right now on PBS)
                                etc......

Comment

Working...
                                X