*Bump*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Bump*

What's wrong with bumping one's own threads. Isn't it the basic purpose of bumping, to call attention to a thread/subject that you find to be important enough to merit a thread in the first place? If you considered it worthy of a thread, why on earth shouldn't you on occasion bump it! I don't get it. Lately some people seem to frown upon self-bumping. Didn't use to be a problem back in the day.

Oh and if you do bump the thread of another poster, it's more often by making an actual reply than it is just bumping. I'd say the whole concept of bumping is closely connected to doing it by yourself, so to speak.

Thanks for listening, have a good night and drive carefully.

It's survival of the fittest threads, EuroCom!
    If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Agreed, but sometimes a little divine intervention is called for.

Comment

Speaking of bumping, why are you up at 7am on a Saturday? Was it an all-night Schnapps binge?

Comment

Good question. I'll get back to you when I've made up something to explain it..

But it isn't anything to do with snaps. That was just a one time thing.

Comment

Oh yes, I took a little trip to Katmandu. It's high noon here now.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
              Good question. I'll get back to you when I've made up something to explain it..

But it isn't anything to do with snaps. That was just a one time thing.
              What's her name?

Comment

Erm, even I didn't think of that..

How are things in Washington? You're not too busy at work right now I trust?

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHH

August is political slow season. I believe that I spend most of my day reading news online and chatting with friends or the "mrs.". I'm not relishing September or October, because the DC political scene turns into a complete grind. I'm anticipating 12 or 13 hour days for half of September because I got promoted and now I'm in charge of all the fundraising events. Too bad my pay didn't get bumped.

Honestly, I'm waiting for the GF to come back. Did I ever send you a photo? I thought I said I would for some reason.
                  Last edited by Timexwatch; August 13, 2005, 01:21.

Comment

That's what I thought, about the slow season. Better "enjoy" it while you can.

No, didn't get a photo. I don't think you mentioned you'd send one. I'll PM you my mail address.

Comment

Re: *Bump*

Originally posted by Winston
                      What's wrong with bumping one's own threads. Isn't it the basic purpose of bumping, to call attention to a thread/subject that you find to be important enough to merit a thread in the first place? If you considered it worthy of a thread, why on earth shouldn't you on occasion bump it! I don't get it. Lately some people seem to frown upon self-bumping. Didn't use to be a problem back in the day.

Oh and if you do bump the thread of another poster, it's more often by making an actual reply than it is just bumping. I'd say the whole concept of bumping is closely connected to doing it by yourself, so to speak.

Thanks for listening, have a good night and drive carefully.
                      Self-bump naysayers probably have most of their threads die quick sinking deaths with few responses or they hold their own threads in such high regards that they take offense when they sink into the abyss.
                      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Is about time for a bump?

Comment

I just got home from work, so I'd say it certainly is.

*Bump*
                          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Bump
                            Blah

Comment

I like bumpers if only because every thread I comment on usually sinks immediately after. I must be a threadkiller

Comment

Working...
                              X