Googlezon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Googlezon

This is a bit old, I think, but I just stumbled across it and I think it's brilliantly done: Googlezon

too loooooong.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

It's only 8 minutes.

Comment

meh
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Yeah, that's pretty cool. I'm not convinced its future-history is perfect, but I will not be surprised if it's close. Quite scary really.
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
            Quite scary really.
            Very.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
              It's only 8 minutes.
              I'm a child of the nineties; eight minutes is too long.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Plausible, and very well done.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I think print is already getting hammered, as is broadcast.

What they don't mention are sources like PBS, the BBC, or the CBC.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                    Plausible, and very well done.
                    Not all that plausible. The technology maybe, but not the other stuff. I can't picture Google & Amazon merging. If they did, I doubt they'd change their name to Googlezon. That's just dumb.

No way would the NY Times just pull their online version in protest. It'd be like Universal Studios, upset over piracy, not releasing any movies on DVD anymore. Just ridiculous.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

How so? The NYT has a very large paper circulation; I doubt Universal sells many VHS cassettes anymore.

Comment

Universal still has theaters.

And 10 years from now more and more of the print media is going to be online, so whatever percentage of their profits are now from their online half, it'll be much much higher 10 years from now. To just end it all in a protest is dumb.

Comment

My feeling is that bulletin boards like Poly OT will be where most people get there news, as it not only allows one to read about stuff, but also to rant/discuss/troll about it .
                          Visit First Cultural Industries
                          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

All hail our new commerical overlords.

Comment

All hail people who will believe anything
                              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Working...
                              X