I Cut My Hair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Cut My Hair

Those who've met me probably remember two things about me: I'm devilishly handsome and I had hair down to my ass. Well, now I'm just devilishly handsome.

Sunday, I had my pony tail lopped off. Some kid with cancer will be getting a wig made from my hair. I've gone from two feet of hair to two inches. I also seem to have lost a decade off my look. I swear I no longer look like a dude aproaching 40.

It's hard getting used to the lack of hair. I got a sunburn on my scalp the other day. I still move to pull my hair out of the way when I put on shirts. I'm using way to much shampoo. I don't have to brush my hair at all anymore.

My wife is rather mad at me.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

What a nice thing to do.

I had a pony tail all through high school, and chopped it off just before school ended. I didn't do anything charitable with it though, wasn't really long enough, but i saved it and have it mounted at home.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Now that you've tidied up the outside of your head, it's time you get to work on the inside part.

Good luck.

Comment

There's something rotten in Denmark.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

A little ode to your long lost locks.

Crosby Stills Nash Young - Almost Cut My Hair

Almost cut my hair
            It happened just the other day
            It's gettin kinda long
            I coulda said it wasn't in my way
            But I didn't and I wonder why
            I feel like letting my freak flag fly
            Cause I feel like I owe it to someone

Must be because I had the flu' for Christmas
            And I'm not feeling up to par
            It increases my paranoia
            Like looking at my mirror and seeing a police car
            But I'm not giving in an inch to fear
            Cause I missed myself this year
            I feel like I owe it to someone

When I finally get myself together
            I'm going to get down in that sunny southern weather
            And I find a place inside to laugh
            Separate the wheat from the chaff
            I feel like I owe it to someone
            "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
            —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

Been thinkin' of that song a lot, actually.

Comment

One of my colleagues got rid of his ponytail and beard and that avtually made him look younger - could be that it was because he was partly bald
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I look younger when I shave my beard.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

My hair is thinning (hence the sunburn), but I'm not going bald. Baldness doesn't run on my Mom's side of the family.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                      I look younger when I shave my beard.

Thought that you were too young to grow a beard.
                      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

He's in his mid 20s. His whole freedom for the kids thing is totally about principle and not because he's a whiny kid.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                          My hair is thinning (hence the sunburn), but I'm not going bald. Baldness doesn't run on my Mom's side of the family.
                          Does thin hair run in your family?

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                            Does thin hair run in your family?
                            My mom's side, yes. Hair is all maternal genes.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                              And what about your fathers side ?

For me I seem to catch up on my father with much hair despite lack of hair on my mothers side.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                              X