interesting computer problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interesting computer problem...

Okay, so something is creating a folder under the program files folder named "microsoft frontpage" just like that, lowercase and everything. there is a folder, version 3.0 in it, which has a bin folder in it. all empty, all size 0. I can't delete it without going into safe mode, but as soon as i get back to normal, it's there again. any ideas?
    "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

run adaware, antispyware, etc
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

did
      "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

ad-aware and niv were the first things i did...

then i went in and deleted everything from the run folders in regedit...

Comment

Would it possibly help to run registry mechanic, or other; or delete maually in registry?
          Way off base?
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

maybe it is normal, it is on all of the computers in this house...very strange though

Comment

Which may mean you have a slimeware program spreading on your LAN.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

ur: did you check to see if you have the folder???

Comment

I have the same thing you do, Kaak. But what exactly is the harm?

Comment

Me too. Win2K BTW... Isn't it a standard Windows folder?
                    Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                    And notifying the next of kin
                    Once again...

Comment

I have this too. It is probably something to do with Windows. I think it's always been on this computer from day 1.
                      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by Kaak
                        ur: did you check to see if you have the folder???
                        I would be quite surprised to find it on a Linux box
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

hey, you never know :-p and winston, i don't think there is any harm. I just saw it and knew i hadn't installed frontpage, and it wouldn't let me delete it, so it threw up a red flag for me.

Comment

Working...
                          X