Wal Mart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
    I bet the federal govt is a much bigger employer.
    Yep... hey, it's my employer .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Walmart?
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
        I bet the federal govt is a much bigger employer.
        Er, I meant biggest private employer.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
          Walmart?
          Give it 10 more years.
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Wal-Mart doesn't alter without consent. They tell the labels, change or we won't sell it. Because Wal-Mart is such a huge purchaser of cds, the labels cave. As the artists do not own their own work until something like 35 years after the work is made, they really have no say in the matter.
            Yeah, that pretty much matches what I saw on the documentary about Wal-Mart. They are such a huge distributor they can make their suppliers bend to their will.
            ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
            ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

I bought Metallica- Garage Inc. There's a little song on there called So What. I think it was orginally done by a British punk band who just wanted to make a really offensive song. That song was nothing but a bunch of bleeps strung together. I was so pissed. I took my CD back and exchanged it for a Creed cd (which I was reasonably sure didn't have any bad language).

You could say it was the region I was in (Mississippi). But then I went to a mall and bought the real version with all the cuss words in it.

I'm not sure if walmarts do it where I live now, I don't care to find out.
              Woah. Thankfully I have the uncensored version of that CD. Kinda makes you wonder what the point of it is...I mean...who would want to buy a Metallica CD that was all bleeped out? They must get a lot of returns.
              ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
              ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

I had replaced my Anthrax: Attack of the Killer Bees tape when my first one melted and I accidentally got a censored version... it suked
                Monkey!!!

Comment

I'm still waiting for a band named "Festering Fistules" to make it big.
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                  X