X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much did it cost Daddy?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by DerSchwarzfalke
      The Freikorps provided a lot of the future storm troopers of the SA and SS, though. A good deal of future SS officers -- including Himmler himself -- had served in the Freikorps at some point.
      Did you read that from the link I provided? The point was was that the Freikorps predated Hitler and he had nothing to do with it- therefore it is wrong to connect them. The Freikorps was done before Hitler began his rise to power. Hence the term "brownshirt syndrome"- he gave a bunch of unemployed people purpose and made them feel special by giving them uniforms to wear. It's acknowledged psychological ploy. You did not find too many members of the General Staff in their ranks, nor those who aspired to it. There was always great animosity between the GGS and the SS.

There are a great number of people in the world who need to belong to some cohesive group for their identity. These groups almost always employ an "in-group" versus the "out-group" mentality to retain their members. The Christian Right uses their little fish logos and such as their membership badge. The Left uses colorful symbols as well- the homosexual rainbow, the rainbow as a symbol of diversity, etc. All dogma rests on just such a precept- the "in-group" versus the "out-group".

Funny thing is, is, yesterday's in-group is tomorrow's out-group..............

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
        How much did it cost Daddy?
        Ahh yes, the little green eyed monster rears it's ugly little head. It has cost Daddy nothing. I have been of independent means for all of my adult life.

It's good to be an American.

Comment

Oh? I thought you were a IV, or was that a V?
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

It is fairly common knowledge. I did not read your link.

No, Hitler had nothing to do with the creation of the Freikorps, they were a symptom of post-WWI Germany. Separating the Freikorps from the Nazi Party and SS, though, would be ignoring an important causal effect of later Nazi violence. Where did the SA and SS men become conditioned to violence? Where did they learn their military discipline? Where did they become conditioned to the idea that violence was politically expedient? The various Freikorps.

The Freikorps and later the SS tended to be made up of middle and lower class types, as opposed to the German military. A lot of the animosity between the Nazi Party and the German military, which was mutual and problematic throughout the Reich, arguably stemmed from this.
            Visit The Frontier for all your geopolitical, historical, sci-fi, and fantasy forum gaming needs.

Comment

sn't the swastika some Asian symbol or something?
              Various cultures used the cross and variants of it primarily as astrological symbols, but I believe the Hopi have the closest thing to the swastika.

Comment

Originally posted by Epublius Rex
                It's good to be an American.
                Yes, then your math can be up to the task of counting votes in Florida, punk.

It's obvious you can't add

49 + 13 = 63 = majority

OWNED, punk
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)

Comment

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

"I have been of independent means for all of my adult life"

Explain how, sweetheart...

Especially as I recall you saying that you've never held a job.

You're the one with 38 undergraduate degrees, right?

What a useless piece of **** you are.
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker

Various cultures used the cross and variants of it primarily as astrological symbols, but I believe the Hopi have the closest thing to the swastika.
                      WRONG- Read the links above. The first known use of it was in India. 3,000 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                        "I have been of independent means for all of my adult life"

Explain how, sweetheart...

Especially as I recall you saying that you've never held a job.

You're the one with 38 undergraduate degrees, right?

What a useless piece of **** you are.
                        Oh so jealous. I could say I got it the old fashioned way- by inheritance. And I never said that I never held a job, just that I have been retired for quite some time. Some of us are simply smarter then others- while you go along, dredging up your paycheck, other think and grow rich(er).

It's good to be an American, ya know.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither

Yes, then your math can be up to the task of counting votes in Florida, punk.

I was off by one- I was still right- the majority of rapes in London are committed by non-Englishmen- minorities. Attack away feeble one, it means nothing- you were wrong then and you are wrong now.

Your whole problem is one of jealousy, you have nothing, you know nothing and you are a nothing. Thus, you hate everyone and everything that exists, as it all is better then you.

Comment

Did I just read that right? Is he bragging about a 1540? I got a 1590 with absolutely no preparation when I took the SAT at the age of 15...

Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I got a 1720 and I did it with a blindfold and two hands tied behind my back while being whipped by a task master.

Comment

Oh so jealous. I could say I got it the old fashioned way- by inheritance.
                                Jealous? Hardly. Contemptuous, more likely. You're dirt to me.

And I never said that I never held a job, just that I have been retired for quite some time.

Indeed. I found the actual quote. 2.5 years in the workforce, eh. Good career, that...

Some of us are simply smarter then others- while you go along, dredging up your paycheck, other think and grow rich(er).

Indeed. Those dumbass poor people to whom it didn't occur to be born into a position in which they'd inherit a large amount of money.

It's good to be an American, ya know.

Not really. I live in the US and see how a lot of Americans live. It's repugnant.

Sweetheart, I'm smarter than you'll ever be, and furthermore I'm contributing something with my intelligence instead of spending my time in masturbatory self-congratulation, desperately fending off my feelings of guilt with loud clamourings of contempt for the rest of humanity...
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X