Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're the least bastards, ostrogothohun.

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker

I believe we just passed the 60th anniversary of Jesse Owens winning 4 golds in the Olympics held in Nazi Germany
      Yeah, he did win those medals, but the Germans (what you're never told, apparently) did win the most medals in that Olympics.

Mapsofworld provides the best map of the world labeled with country name, this is purely a online digital world geography map in English with all countries labeled.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
        yeah.. talk about an akward situation!!

Anyway.. I wanted this discussion to be more around the cult side of the whole thing.. the knights and stuff. And how big of a role it truly played in the PLANS of the leaders of nazis..
        It played a very large role, and they did indeed know that they were calling upon the German peoples to see their ancient mythology as a way to greatness. The place to begin this study is in studying the propaganda and Josef Goebbles. He was a master at it and in fact has been the single biggest influence on modern marketing- though no one will ever admit it. You can also study Leni Riefenstahl and her work. No complete study will leave out the cultish aspects of the propaganda.

The ceremony at which recruits were inducted into the party and the SS was very reminiscent of the medieval "knight of the bath" ceremony, as well. The whole thing was meant to recall the Teutonic Knights and their rights of passage. My great grandfather was in Berlin in 1938 we had offices there) and took 16MM color film footage of a many things, including the changing of the guards at various memorials, etc- all very symbolic. Unfortunately, the thought he might be spying so they made him leave.

However, the Nazis were not the only ones to call on ancient mythologies during that time period- the Russians did so as well and so did the Italians and even the U.K. The Russians made their film about Ivan the Terrible, the Italians called upon the memories of the ancient Romans and England called upon it's history of the Crusades.

Rather then single out Germany, one should more properly view the era as the "Age of the Dictator"- of which FDR was most certainly an American form of it.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
          Pekka, you're right, they were a cult.
          So is multiculturalism.

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder
            racial purity is a myth. at least in europe.
            That's as false as can be:

"In 1996, researchers from the National Institutes of Health in Washington D.C. led by Dr Stephen J O'Brien, tracked down the modern day descendents of Eyam from parish records and tested their DNA. They were curious to know whether the survivors shared any genetic similarity that had helped their ancestors resist the plague. They found high levels of a gene mutation called CCR5-delta 32 amongst the descendents. CCR5 is a gene that codes for a protein on the surface of white blood cells which acts as a receptor for other molecules involved in inflammation"

Questions related to the country of England, which is located on the island of Great Britain. The island lies close to the Atlantic coast of Europe. England together with Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales comprises the nation called The United Kingdom.

"Recent studies on the genetics of the English peoples (excluding recent arrivals in the 20th century) show that most are decended from palaeolithic inhabitants of England and there has been very little genetic contribution from Celtic or Anglo-Saxon migrations.However some of these results have been contridictory since they depend on partly on how one chooses the location from which the original Celtics or Anglo-Saxons came from."

" If we examine the genetic links between th peoples of Europe, the Sámis form separate group unto themselves, and othe Uralic peoples, too, have a distinctive geneti profile"

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki

Statistics isn't your strong point, is it?

But of course you extend this already flawed hypothesis by stating that not only would they not be the same, but that you can automatically tell which one is less intelligent just by looking at the color of their skin.
              These gentleman would beg to disagree with you, as usual.......

The high intelligence of Ashkenazi Jews may be a result of their persecuted past

"The high intelligence of Ashkenazi Jews may be a result of their persecuted past"

"Researchers Say Intelligence and Diseases May Be Linked in Ashkenazic Genes"

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder
                We're the least bastards, ostrogothohun.
                Unlike you, I do not sprout thick tuffs of goat and sheep hair.
                Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by Epublius Rex

Rather then single out Germany, one should more properly view the era as the "Age of the Dictator"- of which FDR was most certainly an American form of it.
                  one more troll makes it to my ignore file. plonk!!!
                  "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola

At least in south Europe.
                    Hell, Species purity is a myth in the Balkan peninsula. [/QUOTE]

That's because it has been an invasion route for two millennia. It has been the crossroads of two divergent civilizations.

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

Whatever little minded one- you cannot refute anything I post with actual facts, so now you do what all religious zealots do- stick your head in the sand and prey that the bogey man goes away.

The era is known by educated people as the age of the dictator. And FDR is not released from that- all you have to do is look at the powers he assumed after packing the Court.

You should call yourself "Lord of the Brain Fart" or "Lord of Missed the Mark"- much more fitting.
                      Last edited by Epublius Rex; August 10, 2005, 15:24.

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

Stalin killed three times as many people as Hitler. FDR had no qualms about putting people in camps without evidence of misbehavior (though I do agree with him on the principle) and Churchill himself was no innocent.

There were many boogey men in the 20th century, take your pick, or put your head in the sand.

Comment

So sad, all of this empty headed assertions on what is and what isn't- you all just try to fit everything into your little world of multiculti religious faith, no matter how absurd.

Comment

No one has claimed they weren't more bad guys than Hitler and nazis. I think almost everyone conciders it a case of everyone was bad and it was a question who was more bad.

And it's not the idea of this thread anyway, but the cult side to nazis.
                            In da butt.
                            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                              No one has claimed they weren't more bad guys than Hitler and nazis. I think almost everyone conciders it a case of everyone was bad and it was a question who was more bad.

And it's not the idea of this thread anyway, but the cult side to nazis.
                              Which I agree with- but the Nazis were not alone in that regard- far from it. Almost every totalitarian regime falls back on it at some point. I cannot think of any , off hand, that did not. Whether they invent it out of whole cloth or borrow from the ancient history of the people they wish to subject makes no real difference, to me- it is all cultism of leader worship.

Hitler's people, especially Goebbles, had a very good feel for what the German people would buy into. The propaganda they used in the Scandinavian countries for recruiting SS was centered around the Vikings, rather then the Teutonic knights as in Germany. Still, it was all propaganda, or as I prefer to call it, "statist dogma".

You may be able to find a book in your local library titled "The propaganda of WW2"- it goes into pretty good detail about the various mythologies employed by the different nations. Also, read "The rise and fall of the third reich" to really get a good idea of Nazi cultism.

Comment

All that being said, there was a deliberate darkness associated with the actual SS and the party itself- that darkness was meant to speak to a particular type of person, and still does, I think. There is a great deal of profound interest in the artifacts of Nazi Germany which goes beyond mere historical curiosity. Just consider the sexual perversion associated with it- the S&M rituals which employ a lot of the visuals of the uniforms, boots, etc.

Beyond that, there is the "old brown shirt syndrome" that draws many more people then most would care to admit- half of the cops in America fall under that.

Comment

Working...
                                X