Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sony ericsson's walkman mobile with unknown amount of memory

i saw this new "walkman" mobile from se

W600i Walkman™ is a mobile phone for music lovers. FM radio, an advanced digital music player inside and everything you need to enjoy your music on the move. CD ripping software is included in the kit to get your favorite songs into your phone. Drag and drop using Disc2Phone™. Swivel-action W600i has a 1.8” color screen for best possible video viewing and gaming experience and dedicated gaming buttons for fast and action-packed 3D gaming on the go. When you want to catch some action, W600i is also an impressive 1.3 megapixel camera with video recording and digital camera menus.

i'm either blind or the most crucial information is missing: how much memory does this thing have?!?!?
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

This forum post states it has 256MB of internal memory.
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

i found another similar model
      it's in the same format as my k700, but it has 2mp camera and can take a 512MB memory stick

i want it badly

Comment

and can take a 512MB memory stick

i want it badly

o_O
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Comment

So how much does this cost?
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

no clue....

image of the packaging

Comment

As long as I can't have my +18 GB music collection there, it's uninteresting.
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

BS phone. Nice package though. Memory sticks are out, HDs are in. Yeah yeah so the battery becomes more of a problem in the case of HDs. Who cares, it's still the future, not the memory bars. FACT.
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                  THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                  "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

But seriously, that package is nice. ... have to give it to those guys, they can make way nicer packages. Then again, Ted Bundy was thought as handsome by his victims.
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Memory sticks are out, HDs are in
                      you end up with a much much larger device though and you wont have a phone and a decent camera...

Comment

Who cares for the camera? It's a phone for crying out loud! I will never swich out my digital camera for a pseudo-camera in a cell phone, they will never be as good or have as many possibilies.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I like this picture (courtesy of Chemical Ollie)
                          Attached Files
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                            Who cares for the camera? It's a phone for crying out loud! I will never swich out my digital camera for a pseudo-camera in a cell phone, they will never be as good or have as many possibilies.
                            i'm afraid you suffer from lack of scientific imagination
                            you remind me of gates' famous 64kb statement

i was reading a few days ago about an experimental lens made from a material that can change it's focus with different electric signals (molecules are re-arranged or something like that )

Comment

Boston, MA - April 14, 2005 -- According to the latest research from Strategy Analytics, 257 million camera phones were shipped worldwide, representing 38 percent of total handset sales, in 2004. This was up sharply from 84 million, or 16 percent of total, in 2003.

Camera phones outsold digital still cameras by almost 4 to 1, reaching just 68 million units globally in 2004. Sales grew 40 percent annually, from 49 million units in 2003.

"Global camera phone sales grew by an impressive 200 percent year-over-year in 2004," said Neil Mawston, Associate Director of the Wireless Device Strategies (WDS) service at Strategy Analytics. "Nokia led the pack, with an 18 percent worldwide market share, followed closely by Motorola at 17 percent, and Samsung in third position at 13 percent."

Chris Ambrosio, Director of Strategy Analytics' Global Wireless Practice, added, "The digital still camera market is running out of steam. Vendors such as Kodak, Canon and Fuji will find growth harder to achieve in 2006. Camera phones will eventually capture 15 percent of the low-end digital still camera market by 2010, while attempts to sell households in developed markets a second or third device will be restricted by the ubiquity of multi-megapixel camera phones".

Other findings from Strategy Analytics' 2004 Global Camera Phone report include:

- VGA sensors will still be the sweet spot for camera phones in 2005, but vendors will use pixel counts as a differentiator in higher product tiers. These `Pixel Wars' will drive multi-mega pixel handset demand to 3 in 10 sales worldwide in 2005;

- Removable memory will be standard issue on camera phones by the end of 2007 but the wireless connectivity landscape for camera phones (e.g. USB, WLAN / WiFi, Infra-red, Bluetooth, etc.) will be fragmented, requiring printer, and other ecosystem, players to support a wide range of solutions based on regional market dynamics.

Comment

Working...
                              X