Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Yorkers: What's the best pizza in Manhattan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Yorkers: What's the best pizza in Manhattan?

Sometime in the near future I'll have a few hours of layover time at the Port Authority on 8th Avenue in Manhattan. The Port Authority is within a few blocks of Time Sqaure.

I'm looking forward to this because I've had some good pizza in New York, and Ottawa is very much lacking in this respect. As such its been a while since I've had a decent slice of pizza. So my question is, to all who might know, where can I find the best pizza within reasonable walking distance of the Port Authority?

Any advice?

I had some good stuff uptown when I was there a couple weekends ago. The slice was ****ing huge. Can't remember what it was called though...
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

It doesn't exist. New York pizza sucks!

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

You are going to start a war among New Yorkers... they'll have various different opinions.

Though of course any will do mighty fine, since New York has the best pizza in the world. That crap from Chicago can't even compete.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Chicago rulez! NY droolz.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Chicago will always be the 2nd city
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Chicago Pizza.
              Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Boston can't say anything. The place we go to for pizza while studying is called "New York Pizza".
                "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                  It doesn't exist. New York pizza sucks!

Aghh, the silly Chicago cult of pizza pies (in the true sense of the word) continues. Poor deluded fools.
                  If you don't like reality, change it! me
                  "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                  "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                  "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Re: New Yorkers: What's the best pizza in Manhattan?

Originally posted by JimmyCracksCorn
                    Sometime in the near future I'll have a few hours of layover time at the Port Authority on 8th Avenue in Manhattan. The Port Authority is within a few blocks of Time Sqaure.

I'm looking forward to this because I've had some good pizza in New York, and Ottawa is very much lacking in this respect. As such its been a while since I've had a decent slice of pizza. So my question is, to all who might know, where can I find the best pizza within reasonable walking distance of the Port Authority?

Any advice?
                    People will certainly not agree on which location is the best for Pizza. That said, one of the more common answers is John's Pizzeria. They do thin crust pizza's baked in brick ovens over wood. Thankfully for you, their nicest location will only be two or three blocks away.

Go out onto 8th Avenue when you get to the station- you shall be anywhere between 40th and 42nd streets, depending on the exit. Walk up 8th Avenue two blocks to 44th street and then turn towards 7th Avenue and Times square. Johns in the middle of the block, a bit before all the theaters on the street (if you are walking by the Producers and Spamalot you have gone too far down the block). Really, once you are on 44th heading towards 7th you should have no problem finding it.

Also, that location is a church they turned into a restaurant, so try to sit in the middle, cause you get the nicest view of the place. FWI, they only sell Pizza by the whole pie, no slices.

Comment

Here is a map:
                      Attached Files

Comment

NY-style pizza:

Originally posted by GePap
                        Aghh, the silly Chicago cult of pizza pies (in the true sense of the word) continues. Poor deluded fools.

Comment

Just find yourself a Papa John's.

Comment

I don't think he can eat a whole pie, GePap (no matter how jaw droppingly good it is ). A few slices is probably all he'll want.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                              I don't think he can eat a whole pie, GePap (no matter how jaw droppingly good it is ). A few slices is probably all he'll want.
                              They have a medium and a large- a medium is 6 slices, and if he is very hungry, he might finish off half the pie and then take the rest along to enjoy on the bus or up in Canada.

There are really no "good" slice places near Times Square- most slices will be the same-OK, maybe good, but certainly not top notch.

There is a great slice place near the Original John's on Bleeker Street- this place is on 6th Avenue, always crowded, but I doubt he has the time to get there.

Maybe he can meet a pretty girl on the way and invite her to a meal....

Comment

Working...
                              X