Mobile phones vs digital cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile phones vs digital cameras

Is there any use in buying a digital camera? I recently saw an ad about some mobile phone with 2 megapixels analysis. Pretty soon it'll be much more than this in mobile phones. So what would be the use of someoen buying a digital camera? What do you think? Someone who's not professionally into photography that is.

2 megapixels is crap
    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Not interested until they get > 4 megapixels.
      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
      "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

is 4 megapixels the acceptable limit for photo quality?

Comment

I might be thinking of a cameraphone when they've got more than 5 megapixels and optical zoom.
          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

This is all very complicated. I hate all of it. Digital cameras and digital photographic cameras. It's just that my historic old photo analog(?) camera broke and I was thinking about getting a digital one.

Comment

Oldie I know but...

Do this...
              Attached Files
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Comment

I guess it all depends on what the subject of most of your photos are. If most of them are shots of you drunk in a bar with your friends, a cameraphone will be fine. That, or an ultra-thin 3-5 megapixel camera.

If you're looking to take good photos while on vacation, etc. or around town, get a decent digital camera with an optical zoom and the ability to accomdate additional lenses. I've had a Canon Powershot number whatever for two years now, and it's produced great photos. It also has the ability to stuff that semi-educated photographers do, like adjust the focal length, exposure, etc.

Don't get a digital SLR unless you're a professional and you can afford all the optics for it. A regular 4-5 megapixel camera w/optical zoom from a reputable manufacturer should be good if you're looking to take good tourist photos.
                  If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

2 megapixels is very-low entry. the K750 you probably saw advertises some focusing ability but one should be very carefull with such marketing announcements....
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder
                      http://crass.on.ru/flash/bbird.html
                      nice

Comment

Mobile phones vs digital cameras

It depends. Do you want to make phonecalls too?
                        Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                        And notifying the next of kin
                        Once again...

Comment

Fine. Thanks all for your contributions. So I guess I'm going to have to wait for some time in order for the mobile phones to develop to acceptable digital camera levels. So it's back to analog (did I mention I hate digital) unless I can find a 4-5 megapixel with zoom ability (that's what I gather is ok) and with that little screen that can freeze and show pictures on the back of the camera at a price similar to analog otherwise there's no point, it's analog again. Assuming they still sell those

Thanks again for your advices

Comment

i got a pretty decent olympus 5mp with a real zoom (not digital) for my sister at about 200 euros...

just for their ability to instatly check what on earth you shot as well as the ease to store them on your pc and save print money make digital over anlog cameras a no-brainer issue

Comment

From which store did you buy it? (ean diladi einai alysida kai yparxei tetoio katastima kai stin athina )

Is a real zoom better than a digital zoom then?

Comment

Working...
                              X