Finally a woman agrees with me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got it

They are doing it backwards. Think about it. If you are a male CEO and some women subordinates are doing, um, nice things to you as a way of getting a better chance at promotions, will you promote them? Of course not. That way you make them do more, um, nice things
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

For years I have been arguing that chivalry is sexism in disguise

I agree wholeheartedly and have been arguing similar .
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

As far as I can see, that makes 2 Guys who agree with Barinthus.
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

don't you mean 2 gays.

I open doors for women all the time. I also do it for men.

What does that mean? I'm bisexual.

Comment

Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Re: Finally a woman agrees with me

Originally posted by Barinthus
              For years I have been arguing that chivalry is sexism in disguise while nearly everybody insist it's merely good manners. I often would say that if women want equality, so be it - they cannot have their cake and eat others'.

Finally I see in the print that someone out there agrees with me and it's a woman!
              This is the first time you here a woman say this? Which rock have you been living under since the sixties, if I may ask?
              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Roll your eyes all you want; if this is the first time you've seen this said by a woman in print you've either lived beneath a rock for decades, or live in some Afghanistan-style hellhole.
                  Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                  The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I've never heard a woman say it.

Not even my feminist mother.
                    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Glad you lead a such civilized life, LC
                      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous
                        That's bull****. I open doors and pay for meals because it gets me sex.
                        Damn right.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                          Roll your eyes all you want; if this is the first time you've seen this said by a woman in print you've either lived beneath a rock for decades, or live in some Afghanistan-style hellhole.
                          This still isn't the first time he has seen this said by a woman in print
                          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous
                            That's bull****. I open doors and pay for meals because it gets me sex.
                            I want proof of this

Comment

The article is right, Flirtation doesn't get you promoted. Worshipful, transcendental felatio gets you promoted.
                              He's got the Midas touch.
                              But he touched it too much!
                              Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Working...
                              X