I love cheesy 80's action movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dis

my friend really liked that movie. He was a big buy sort of like the big white guy in the film.

This film is PC- but in a good way. It shows all kinds of different fighting styles. It's kind of cool to watch. I don't know how realistic those fighting styles are, but they are cool. Like the african dude who stays low to the ground.
    If the African guy was actually Brazilian it sounds like Capoeira.
    He's got the Midas touch.
    But he touched it too much!
    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander

If the African guy was actually Brazilian it sounds like Capoeira.

Unless it was the funky African martial arts demonstrated so notably in 'Shaft In Africa'.

An absolute corker, with some real clunker blaxploitation 'Back to Africa' lines.

The way the film was billed was "The Brother Man In The Motherland." And that may be about as much as you really need to know about the plot of Shaft In Africa, the movie.

The signature tune from the movie, "Are You Man Enough," was performed by the Four Tops, who had recently exited their long-term relationship with Motown and had signed to ABC. It captures the flavor of the film magnificently, with classic blaxploitation lyrics such as "Are you man enough/Big and bad enough/Are you gonna let 'em shoot you down?" Two minutes and twelve seconds of pop perfection, that.

Love the original poster. Must have gone down well in the Deep South....
      Attached Files
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Red Dawn

Needed a much higher body count, yet

Swayze

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom

Unless it was the funky African martial arts demonstrated so notably in 'Shaft In Africa'.

An absolute corker, with some real clunker blaxploitation 'Back to Africa' lines.

Love the original poster. Must have gone down well in the Deep South....
          Damn, I never heard of that one. I quite enjoyed the original Shaft. Killer poster, I bet it's worth a pretty penny today.
          He's got the Midas touch.
          But he touched it too much!
          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

American Ninja

Delta Force (all of them)
            Monkey!!!

Comment

I remember watching "Where Eagles Dare" in the movie theater. The group of guys behind us had obviously seen it before and were trying to do a body count on Clint. They lost track. And it was 1969.

Great action movie.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Red Dawn... Wolverines!
                Monkey!!!

Comment

WOLVERINES!!!
                  We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

yeah Red Dawn. Totally preposterous movie and scenerio having the russians invade in that way. But I thought it was a cool movie none the less.

What amazes me is people think it's unrealistic because of the kids blowing up tanks. It's like they have no idea what guerrilla warfare is. The movie is unrealistic because the russians had no ability to invade the U.S. in such a way. And keep Europe (and Canada I think) out of the war. And kick our asses.

Comment

Working...
                    X