Point me to good blogs and podcasts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point me to good blogs and podcasts

Lately, I have discovered two things on the Net I probasbly sohlud have discovered much earlier: Blogs and podcasts. These two technologies surely looks promising! Already, I have found a few blogs(in particular) and (some less in numbers) podcasts.

My question to you is: Can you point me to some, in you poinion, good blogs and podcasts? I'm interested in editions covering politics, Christianity and history, either in English or in Norwegian/Swedish/Danish. Thank you!
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

What is a blog? Years ago I used to think it's just some kind of diary, just online. Nowadays it is used in press like it's nothing more than a forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
      What is a blog? Years ago I used to think it's just some kind of diary, just online.
      That's what it is.

Nowadays it is used in press like it's nothing more than a forum.
      That's because they don't have a clue.
      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

So what's so interesting about it? Someone once linked to one where a lady would put up images of each days's crap in her toilet

Comment

blogs - reading about someone else's boring life.
          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

My friend thinks he's interesting enough to have a blog:

Start your own revolution; this one's mine.
            Vi hatar inte, vi älskar

Oh - and he speaks Swedish (sort of). So throw some at him and see what happens.
            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Thanks, I'll check it out.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                So what's so interesting about it?
                It's your own piece of reality media. Most people aren't famous enough to have their own show, like Jessica Simpson, so they pollute the Interweb with stories of their lives.

It doesn't necessarily make it interesting on its own, but as a media development, it was interesting to look at.

Comment

But why do people keep watching it? Have no lives of their own?

Comment

I don't know, but I reckon it's a bit similar to why people watch reality TV. They don't know the person(s) involved, but feel some kind of attachment and urge to follow his/her/their life.

Comment

Reality media should be banned.

Comment

Not all blogs are diaries of personal life.

The blogs that the press makes a fuss about are those that focus on reporting and discussing political events, not last night's date.
                        "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

podcast?
                          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Eli, how was your last date?

Comment

Podcast is a multimedia blog or something.

Comment

Working...
                              X