iPod and iTunes problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nostromo
    I don't understand, I updated the firmware last week or the week before that...
    I mean the latest firmware makes the autopause keep working, so the workaround doesn't work.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I mean the latest firmware makes the autopause keep working, so the workaround doesn't work.
      You gotta be kidding me... And why the ? You take pleasure in my suffering?
      Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Yeah! Yet another reason not to buy an ipod. Thank you so much Steve 'I know whats best for everyone' Jobs.
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Can't help you - that's never happened to me. But then, I don't organize by genre.

Sonic Youth -
          "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
          Drake Tungsten
          "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
          Albert Speer

Comment

There must be something wrong with your headphone jack. That never happens to me.
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Hmm, that is interesting... are you using the stock plugs or a different earphone (mine is the E-6i by Eytomic Research)?

As for the id3 tag thing, Q is on the money that you have to disable where it does that automatically for you. I basically have everything on manual.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                Hmm, that is interesting... are you using the stock plugs or a different earphone (mine is the E-6i by Eytomic Research)?
                No, I'm using Sennheiser PX100s. The stock earbuds suck major ass.

As for the id3 tag thing, Q is on the money that you have to disable where it does that automatically for you. I basically have everything on manual.
                I'm still not sure how to do it.
                Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                  There must be something wrong with your headphone jack. That never happens to me.
                  You would never say if it had anyway, sucker
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

You would never say if it had anyway, sucker

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                      There is a great feature in the new Ipods that pauses playback if the headphones become unplugged. Say you are listening to an audiobook and you catch your headphone wire on something and the plug pops out. No worries. You don’t miss a single word because the playback pauses automatically. This usually works very well, however I’ve noticed that the feature can be quite sensitive when using non-apple headphones. Sometimes, when you go to tuck away your Ipod after choosing your song, jostling the plug in the slightest pauses your playback. Then you have to dig it out again and press play only to nudge the headphone jack again and (damn!) auto-pause. What to do?

Comment

If you're using windows:
                        Edit-->Preferences-->Advanced
                        --Deselect "Keep iTunes Music folder organized"

If you're using os x:
                        iTunes-->Preferences-->Advanced
                        --Deselect "Keep iTunes Music folder organized"
                        B♭3

Comment

OK, one problem solved. Thanks! Now the next one... I'll try consulting iPod lounge once again. If it doesn't work, I'll contact Apple.

Comment

Anybody tried Winamp with the iPod plugin? Sounds interesting.

Comment

No, I actually haven't. I wonder if it works good with the iPod.

Though MusicMatch's Jukebox works well with it. Hell, it's on the iPod CD, IIRC.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed

When things try to be too helpful, often times, their idea of help is not what you want. iTunes needs to learn this--and it's why I use WinAmp instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X