Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Lucas moves to TV

George Lucas says he will make television shows

In a keynote speech at an annual computer graphics convention, Star Wars boss George Lucas said his company Lucasfilm will be more focused on TV. He hinted that he won't produce any theatrical films in the near future, and that directors and writers who want to work with Lucasfilm would be steered toward television projects.

"Television is an easier medium to work in. It's more fun, there's less pressure and it's a great medium to experiment in," Lucas said. Lucas said the company is currently at work on two Star Wars-related projects: a 3D animated Clone Wars series, and a live action series. The animated series will be produced at Lucas Singapore, and Lucas said it will help him get his foot in the anime door. The live action series will be similar to The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles in scope and budget, in that it will take $20-30 million and try to stretch it over the course of a television season.

Lucas also said he didn't want Industrial Light & Magic, his special effects house that revolutionized visual effects starting in the late '70s and recently moved into a spacious new campus in San Francisco, to get any bigger than it already is. If a major studio builds a competing F/X house, Lucas said he won't try to compete by forcing ILM to grow larger as well. "You lose too much of the humanity," he said.

With that, he turned off his eyes, wrapped himself in an energy cocoon, and was carried away by robot servants.

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Boo! No to Jar Jar Binks on my TV
    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Didn't Lucas do the Amazing Stories TV Series?
      Monkey!!!

Comment

I guess that means we can look forward to more scintillating dialog like this gem....

Anakin "You... are so... beautiful."

Padme ""It's only because I'm so in love."

Anakin "No, it's because I'm so in love with you."

Padme "So love has blinded you?"

Anakin "Well that's not exactly what I meant"

Padme "It's probably true."
        "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

"As you know, Padme, I am your husband."

"If the Dark Side wins then it shall succeed!"

"I am concerned that my worries are making me anxious."

"Yes, I shall adopt Leia, for that will make me a parent."

"Ah, everything is going according to plan. See, in the first step I convinced the Republic to..."

"Red and yellow make orange."

"I am turning my back on both the Jedi council and you, Obi-Wan. Right abooooooooooout...now!

"If the prophecies are true then we might end up in an all-out star wars."

"Soon day will turn to night, and then it will be harder to see."

"Soooo...plans for the weekend?"

"I'm worried about you, Anakin. So is Mace. And Yoda. And Organa..."

"You know what I don't get? Mail. And I write to like everybody!"

"Entered the third act we have."

Comment

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

"Like sands through the hour glass, so are The Days of Our Jedi"
              Monkey!!!

Comment

As the Galaxy Rotates.
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Indiana Jones and The General Hospital
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Guiding Lightsaber
                    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Damn, we're clever.
                        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Corellean Hills 902繁η-어1本к$0
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

The live action series will be similar to The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles in scope and budget
                            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

YOU FOOL! I have been trained in your Jedi arts by Count Dooku...
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X